1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy music off an Unmodded Xbox to my PC

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Zeus7777, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Zeus7777

Zeus7777 Member

Hi guys,

I was hoping somebody could help me with me lil delemmur! In the years gone by, I've copied heaps of CD's onto my unmodded Xbox (music section) so that I could play them whenever. At present, my original CD's are scratched to buggery, and I'd love to copy my Xbox hdd to my PC hdd. I can't find a site that tells me a way to do it, as they all seem to need a modded dashboard. Can I do it??? Does anyone know how?? I don't have Linux - and would love my music for my iRiver! My computer BIOS detects the drive, but I can't "disk management" a new drive for use.
    Cheers guys,

Greg

2. steimy

steimy Active member

with an unmodded system i do not know of any ways to do that.
    You need a modded system (hacked dashboard) to transfer files from the PC to Xbox or Xbox to PC.
    If you felt like looking into it softmodding the xbox is something you can do for free, or have an experienced friend do for you.

Then all you need is a $12 Cat5 Crossover Cable and you can transfer information back and forth at will.

3. Zeus7777

Zeus7777 Member

Cheers Steimy - I'll look into doing that then!
    Appreciate the help!
    G

4. steimy

steimy Active member