1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder running in Linux

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by wolfmanz, Mar 7, 2007.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i thought Synaptic was only on PCLinuxOS (which is a great distro by the way)

edit- now there's something i didn't know (as i don't use Ubuntu) - Synaptic is indeed available on Ubuntu -

[​IMG]

see here (for example) - http://monkeyblog.org/ubuntu/installing/

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  2. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Synaptic can be accessed under System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager

Once you have it open just click on the search tab and type in Wine. You will need to un-install the newer version first, also be sure to delete the .wine file.

I re-do my Wine set-up quite often and keep all the programs and dll's or whatever else I need in a seperate folder.

The fun part about Linux for me is learning it took me a while to get this working, good luck

@Creaky it seems you beet me to the answer, nice link and thanks for the input.

3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Thanks Wolmanz and Creaky. I'm gonna boot into Linux and try things out. Any word on if crossover Works with DVDRebuilder?

Also, for the list of dll did you mean msvbvM60.dll instead of msvbvN60.dll ?

4. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

msvbvm60.dll is the correct one, sorry for the typo!

5. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

6. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

very nice Wolmanz! Glad to see you got the newest versoin working. Hopefully I'll be able to post a screen shot--once I get everything working :)

7. smg

smg Regular member

I cant find where to locate all those files that are neeeded. I lost them before when my pc got a virus but cant find the thread that told me before where they were all gotten from. Thanks to everyone..)

8. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Are you talking about the DLL stuff? If so you can get them at dllDump

9. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Now this looks interesting. Check out this Disto designed specifically for DVD authoring and encoding which comes stock with DVDRB. The distro is called VideoLinux and the home page can be found here (screenshots of RB working and all)

10. smg

smg Regular member

Yes, thank you very much..:) But I cant locate that Trespassers NO DVD Fix program anywhere. I googled it, but nothing...:( from step #3 I believe)

11. smg

smg Regular member

Other than the Trespassers No DVD Fix program, the only other thing I couldnt locate was that stdole2.tlb file. Before in here I read it was a typo, but now that particular thread which gave the correct typing/name of it has dissapeared from this guide.

12. smg

smg Regular member

13. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

To get that .tlb I just did a google search.

14. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Trespassers No DVD Fix is not a program, you just need to create a text file and place it in a folder as described in the guide. There is a script that will also do this for you, I will see if I can find it and post it here.

Here is a link to a thread started by Trespasser
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=330488&highlight=ripit4me

@smg you did not say if you are running Windows or not all of the DLL's can be copied from the sytem32 folder from Windows as well as the stdole2.tlb. I have found that the DLL's from a Windows XP system to work best.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2007
  15. smg

smg Regular member

I'm running on my laptop right now but have Win XP Home on my desktop. I will look for and burn those files from my system folder then from my XP OS since you find it the better choice.
    Thank you very much people for this help...:) it is very appreciated.

16. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

For whatever reason wine 9.30 wasn't very agreeable with my programs. However, 9.35 did the trick and I got everything up and running in Ubuntu. Again, wine version 9.35 is a good vintage for RB and the other programs listed in the guide.

17. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Glad to hear you got everything going! When I get some free time I will try a feisty set-up again. Maybe even a PCLinux set-up will be in the future.

18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

PCLinuxOS is very nice, i use it on a laptop i take to work and on a home PC too; i'd be interested in seeing how you get on with Rebuilder on there. (i'm happy to watch others do it as i'm happy enough with Rebuilder running across 3 XP PC's) :)

19. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Thanks. I don't think feisty would be a problem. I got RB working on Linux Mint too, which is more or less Feisty with the "illegal" codecs included. I actually prefer it to feisty, but that's a different discussion.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  20. 1Adonis4u

1Adonis4u Guest

Thank you for the guide... very helpful.

I managed to install everything but there's a problem. When trying to start the back-up DVD Rebuilder throws an error message:

DVD Rebuilder experienced an error extracting MPEG. [time] 00026 0005

This comes up right after "Scanning and writing .D2V & .AVS files" shows up under the "Program Status" log.

Googled the error and it mentioned "MPEG2Dec3dg.dll" needing to be present in the "plugins" folder for AviSynth which I have already done. Not sure what else to try. I also added "DGDecode.dll" to this directory to no avail.

I have the latest DVD-RB and CCE SP 2.67.00.27.

DVD movie is "300" which was ripped with RipIt4Me & DVD Decrypter.

Please, if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.