1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having Codec Issues? Look here.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by Praetor, Sep 8, 2003.

1. shabbir

shabbir Member

In media player 6.4, it is playing VOB files for windows 2000. But I want to play .VOB files in media player 9 latest. Any one help me on this. In mdeia player 6.4, when i used codic that is (http://www.digital-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/VOB_Filters_104.zip), then it is working fine. But it is not working for media player 9. Any idea about this.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Thats because WMP9 is a lot more pretty crap than it is functional stuff.

3. nitrot

nitrot Member

I have used ACE Mega Codecs Pack (mirrors: http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=ACEMCP593PRO.EXE). What do you mean about this pack?
    And i made a little pack to repair this mpeg2dm.ax error.
    (http://rr.sote.hu/~lrichard/letoltes/nitroterr.zip) - This have a start_en.bat (english language). The start.bat is on hungarian language. The XP is not a DOS based operating system, de "chocie" command not work... :-(
    I can't write good english. ;-)

4. madskim06

madskim06 Member

First of all... What program do yal use to play the movies? That's all I need to know and I'll be set

5. Ishitero

Ishitero Member

To booty: couldn't download divx total pack 1.7, seem that the file compressesed is invalid or corrupted..

6. nitrot

nitrot Member

7. Cryket

Cryket Guest

Praetor,

I am thinking of trying the Divx Final Codec Pack, instead of the mish-mash of Nimo, ogg, xvid, divx, etc. that I have now. Do I have to uninstall all my previous codec packs, and if so, what is the best way to go through the process of uninstalling these? Also, do we know if the Divx Final referenced in this thread covers the XViD codecs? thanks!

8. booty

booty Guest

to Ishitero,

I just tried downloading it again. It worked fine. it's a .zip file. are you having trouble downloading it or unpacking it? if its unpacking probs then just re-download it. if its downloading probs maybe your cookie or internet security is too high. other than that im not sure but heres the link again...and for everyone who just wants to be able to watch your videos, clips and movies off your harddrive then download Divx Total Pack 1.7. it takes care of everything...but dont quote me on that:)

http://www.quellicheilpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=146

p.s. its a slow server sometimes so have patience...i think it might be located in italy too.

9. Praetor

Yes.

Gimme a couple days or so I'll try to have some configs posted up for ya

10. Ishitero

Ishitero Member

To booty:
    manage to download and install this time. so what should i do next? how should i go about integrating this total pack to the divx player?

Thanks..

11. booty

booty Guest

well, you dont need to config anything. just play your files. one thing i forgot to mention is that i am on windows and i dont know how the pack works on linux or any other os. but if your on windows you should be fine , just install and enjoy. let me know if something doesnt work.

12. booty

booty Guest

oh yea, one more thing. Divx Total Pack is only for watching your videos [bold]not encoding them[/bold]. there are other means for doing that and i know nothing about it at this time. Revolutions comes out tonigt! Woohoo! later all.

13. shabbir

shabbir Member

In media player 6.4, it is playing VOB files for windows 2000. But I want to play .VOB files in media player 9 latest. Any one help me on this. In mdeia player 6.4, when i used codic that is (http://www.digital-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/VOB_Filters_104.zip), then it is working fine. But it is not working for media player 9. Any idea about this.

14. Praetor

I am assuming the VOB files play fine with WMP9 but they just default to WMP6.4. In that case, open My Computer --> Tools --> Folder Options --> File Types --> Associate VOB files with WMP9

15. shabbir

shabbir Member

Hey Praetor: Thanks for replying my problem. Have you play .vob file in WMP9. I have play .vob files in media player 6.4 by with codec. Now i want to play .vob files in WMP9 in browser. Please help me.
    Thanks

16. Praetor

Hehe sorry... I dont use WMP9... too much of a memory hog -- WMP8 was far superior IMHO

17. shabbir

shabbir Member

I want to play .vob file in browser, so what is the solution. if u have any idea tell me know.
    Thanks

18. Praetor

If you cannot get it to work with WMP9 then you have no chance in hell of getting it to work with a browser. So... as it stands, you wont be able to play it in a browser.

19. shabbir

shabbir Member

Any body have any idea about .vob files to play in browser...... Please help me

20. Praetor

It might help if you posted the questions as independent threads considering this thread is more for codec configurations._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
    AFTERDAWN IRC: irc.emule-project.net, #ad_buddies
    COME SAY HI![/small]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2003