1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no$gba + pokemon diamond

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Arkadiy, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

It is a FULLY working DS emulator, I am having trouble on 1 part though. I am playing the new pokemon (diamond) and as soon as I go to battle my "Rival" guy that I chose from the beginning, I kill his Starly and the game freezes and won't keep going.
    (this is after I got the 2nd badge, according to a guide he has a Starly no matter what but the rest of his pokemon depend on what you started with)

My guess is because that to determine which pokemon he has, it has to determine which one I chose at the beginning and screws up some where around there.

If anyone could help, much appreciated!

2. CaViE

CaViE Guest

What emulator are you using? As a matter of fact I've encountered the same problem with Starly crashing the game, though, in a different place. It seems Starly's game file causes the emulator or the rom to crash, perhaps due to corruption or maybe illegal operations. The only thing I can suggest is trying your savegame on a different emulator. If you say its fully working, then it can't be that the emulator is crashing, but it is always a possibility. By the way, I also have problems saving the game every now and then, how'd you overcome that?

3. joshont

joshont Regular member

how do you even get that game to work on that emulator, i always get " rom image has crashed" everytime i try to load a game

4. UzEE

UzEE Member

I downloaded all the pieces of the puzzle:

The Emulator no$gba 2.4
    The Rom
    The Bios

now the problem is that when i run the game. It says, Data couldn't be read. Replace cartridge and reset the DS. What could be the problem?

5. pecavuk

pecavuk Guest

REmember this.

Change the speed.Im using version 2.4a and in the Options/Emulation
    There says ``none``.You should change the speed to FLASH 256.
    This way many of your other roms will work.Just like YuGi-Oh! GX Spirit Caller.If u want a bit faster game the first one where it seas something like 16 Mhz...chance it to the last one that seas 10%

6. Mischael

Mischael Member

I got it to run, but now its frozen at were it says Pokemon Pearl, and it respond or anything

7. saiyan

saiyan Guest

I can't see rounte 210 can someone help me.Send me there pokemon diamond or peral on edited by ddp.Or tell what to do to make it work

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2007
  8. SOamazing

SOamazing Member

Is there any way you can make it fullscreen?

9. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

UzEE
    I think u need the firmware files. not sure.
    SOamazing
    Cant make it full screen but theres a prog to make it 2x zoom nds2xgl2 u will still need no$gba

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  10. saiyan

saiyan Guest

I CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I STILL CAN'T see rounte 210 on diamond/peral. IF YOUR ROM WORK PLEASE SEND IT TO edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2007
  11. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Its against forum rules to post emails and also type in all CAP. But for your problem there is a patched Rom and Emulator somewhere on bit torrents. I think i seen it on torrentspy.com named Pokemon Diamond and Pearl English with emulator working

12. CaViE

CaViE Guest

Hey guys, just an update, I'm running Pokemon Diamond as well as Pearl perfectly. Go and download No$GBA 2.4b, then the NDS bios, the firmware, then the rom. Go to options, then emulation options. Set the sound output to 'Digital Mono(fast)', the sample rate to 'Low (10khz)(fast)', set the NDS cartridge backup media to 'FLASH 512KBytes'. Those were the changes I made, and the game just flowed. The early areas will drag, but hang in there, or otherwise try the emulation speed 'Ultimate MHZ disaster 50%'. I've been playing for three says now, and as of yet haven't had a single probelm oter than when I tried linking, which is a bit tricky at the moment. Note: you MUST HAVE SOUND ENABLED when you play the game, no matter how annoying it can get. Having the sound off causes alot of crashing.. There you go, enjoy..

13. niandra4

niandra4 Member

Hello,

I've downloaded all the parts onto my desktop, what do I do with them to make the game work?

I try opening the rom straight into NO$GBA or whatever and it says

The data could no be read. Please turn off the power, then remove and reinsert the DS Game Card.

?? what do i have to configure?

14. CaViE

CaViE Guest

Okay, you need to put the BIOS files and the firmware file in the folder where NO$GBA is. Remember to set the options as I said in my previous message. Oh, I forgot to mention that ROMs are usually encrypted, which means that you will need to remove the protection (decrypt) them. You can do this with an app called eNDryptS Advance, which you can find at mxemu.com, or through Google. Run the app, then hit 1 when it gives you a list of options. Then exit, open NO$GBA, and run your ROM. It should work, provided your system can handle it.

15. virusexe

virusexe Member

I was wondering whenever you save the game, does it create a .sav file because i want to overwrite it with pokesav

16. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

when you save the game the .sav file is in the battery folder. But you will need to change a few things.
    Change the NO$GBA config settings. open the file in notepad. it should say SAV/SNA File Format == Compressed somewhere near the bottom change it to SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed save then close it. Then you will need NO$GBA to VBA to convert the save file every time before you use pokesav. Also NO$GBA to vba can change the SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed if u direct it to the battery folde cick the button/

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  17. izzadk86

izzadk86 Member

Hi I'm kinda new to this emu and already got a big problem.Does the save file works for pokemon D/P only or does it work for other game too, caue atleast 3 out of 5 of my roms can't be saved or snap.

18. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

The emulator works for different ds games not just pokemon...but the emulator is still a work in progress so it is still very buggy. like i said some roms need some patching to work correctly in the emulator. Gotta google it cause every game is different

19. clonny

clonny Guest

Hi, I'm new in the world of emulation and I'm trying to play at pokemon Diamond with No$GBA, but I get serious problem when it's time to save, I don't how. Could you help me plz?

20. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

Read that... im not talking about u when i said email posting and caps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.