1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D won't recognize disk

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by onegd4u, May 13, 2007.

1. bryanoens

bryanoens Member

Hey,
    This guy Paul private messaged me on and said that he was having the same problem as I was with the TSST corp TS-H492C drive. He informed me that some people had luck with resetting their iMAP to manual and it worked for them. I really dont know why resetting my iMAP would have any effect on my dvd drive. Can anyone let me know how my mail server and dvd drive have something to do with each other or if this Paul guy is just full of crap. Thanks

2. eriondp

eriondp Member

Some progress! After trying all combinations of software i am having some degree of success. THE SUCCESS INVOLVED GETTING A TRIAL COPY OF NERO7.9 which i installed over Nero 6. If i wishto continue to burn stuff from my HD it seems the only way to continue is to buy Nero7.9.

I can now read all bought dvds and even burn my own video dvds which work most of the time. When i try a data disc which i have burned with Nero or deep burner, I still have the problem of disk recognition. No data disk i have burned or tried to read has worked however i burnt it. Propietary disks do work. The drive (or software) will not recognise a clean brand new disk. The drive i have is for + or - DL, R and RW disks and will only recognise -R if i am burning videos. I still think it is a failure of the Toshiba disk drive as it does not do what the box says no matter what soft ware i have.

3. blueglow

blueglow Member

Three days ago, the TSST TS-H552D in my computer stopped working. It cannot read CDs, DVDs, etc. Is there any Website I can go to to get this fixed? What is the latest equivalent of the driver that'll work?

4. lolac101

lolac101 Member

I'm getting the same problem. I switch the drive onto another computer and it worked fine. So, for me at least, it is definitely a software problem. I also updated the firmware and reinstalled nero 6 and neither made a difference. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this because I don't wanna reformat my computer

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you use the nero cleaner before reinstalling nreo?

6. lolac101

lolac101 Member

I just ran nero cleaner and reinstalled nero and everything work perfect now. Thanks ddp, that did the trick. You save me from reformatting.

7. ddp

no problem, teach & learn

8. geostat

geostat Member

I have this same problem with the Samsung/TSST Corp TS-H492C CDRW/DVD reader/writer diskdrive on a computer less than 1 yr old. I'm convinced its software since I can play [most] DVDs, but not CDs. (e.g., I can't install new software). Extremely frustrating! Suspect rootkit like Sony/BMG fiasco from last year. Remedies?

9. slimmy

slimmy Member

I have the exact same problem. I have a young computer, maybe a year-and -a-half old.I was looking for a way to fix or reinstall my TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D driver, nothing seems to work. I'm currently running 'Windows File Protection' program, used by typing
    Code:
    sfc.exe /scannow
    into 'Run' or the 'Command Prompt'. If this works, I'll let you guys know.

10. slimmy

slimmy Member

I tried, and it seems the Wndows File Protector only works when it recognizes the drive as being there... and in my case, it doesn't.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  11. stuestes

stuestes Member

I'm having a similar problem with the TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D that came in my one & a half year old Compaq. The drive will read or play any purchased or burned cd or dvd. I format a DVD+RW with Sonic DigitalMedia that came on the computer. Sonic reports a successful format and gives info about the disc, but windows reports that "Disk is not formatted. Windows cannot read from this disk." Sometimes I get "F:/ is not accessible. Incorrect function."

12. yorkus

yorkus Member

hey guys,
    I am having a mind busting problem, i originaly had an optiarc cd/dvd drive which i was having problems with, its worked well for a year and last week stopped working, as in stopped reading disks, but still showed up in device manager but with an explanation mark beside it. Anyway, after horus of endless fiddling with bios device orders and changing leads i decided to get a new drive, the TSSTcorp SH-S203B. I installed it, but when windows loaded it happened to this one, it failed to install the driver, coming up with an error message of Error 39 or somethign. Tried everything with this as well, maybe its vista... any help please!!

13. ddp

14. yorkus

yorkus Member

thanks! worked perfectly, appreciate the link. thanks again!

15. ddp

no problem, teach & learn

16. LoBeam

LoBeam Guest

I uninstalled the drivers for my TssTcorp CD/DVDW TS-552D and now i can't find new ones?

17. ddp

windows uses it's own drivers so restart the computer & windows will find new hardware & load it's drivers.

18. LoBeam

LoBeam Guest

Windows can't find the drivers for the burner.

19. ddp

does it see the drive at all?

20. LoBeam

LoBeam Guest

yes the 'puter see's the drive as "cd drive" and when i click on it it tries to install the drivers but can't find any. And i can't seem to find any on the internet

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2007