1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digivox in Ireland

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by dweeb4, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joey2020

joey2020 Member

MAINAMN - am I right in thinking mmds is the digital version of chorus? small digital aerial on the roof job?

2. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Hi joey, yes its the arial type not 'true' cable. I know that the starview dosnt work on carlow mmds , so i was just wondering about cork mmds with digivox !

3. agentg

agentg Member

Joey2020, does that include the eurovox max red??? Or just the old one. How do you rate the eurovox max and starview 2 to the digivox? I'm torn between the 3.

4. joey2020

joey2020 Member

The eurovox max is a relatively new box. Most of these boxes like starview digivox eurovox etc etc are pretty similar but the difference I've found is in the support. Its no use having a nice flashy box that's working fine for 6 months and then you find its a nightmare to find updated firmware for it. As for which one is the best? starview 2 is only out a few months so not too many people have them yet so its hard to gauge if they are an improvement over the first starview - same can probably be said for the eurovox max & digivox but since I've had both starview 1 and digivox boxes I can say that the digivox (with the latest software flash 4.0) is almost flawless.

5. joey2020

joey2020 Member

I'm not 100% about this but I was talking to a guy last weekend that said he had a digivox working on ch*rus mmds - It won't work on normal cable digital with ch*rus though. Just out of curiosity what provider did you set the starview to when you tried it in Carlow? I'm assuming you had it set upright with the emu turned on?

6. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Yea it was set up alright,(tried all providers and nothin ) just couldnt get any channels!. But i was told it was because it had to be true' cable and not mmds !

7. joey2020

joey2020 Member

Strange one that. I don't have much dealings with ch*rus mmds thankfully but if the digivox worked for that other guy I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work in Cork or anywhere else for that matter. So long as its set up correctly - you'd be amazed how many people flash new boxes and don't know how to turn the emu option on - and they wonder why they can't receive any channels!

8. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Yea I know. it was flashed ok cause it was my box which I took down to carlow.! Anyway if u hear of any more info let me know. thanks..

9. joey2020

joey2020 Member

I can't understand why it didn't work on cable ch*rus - if there's updated codes available for cable ch*orus then obviously its working somewhere. Maybe its just with the starview boxes it doesn't work. It goes back to what I said earlier - that guy I spoke to was using a digivox so maybe you need to buy or borrow one to give it a try.

10. oliveoil

oliveoil Member

Hi there,

I been using the digivox for about a while now and working very well. I bought it already flashed and think it has the new firmware loaded coz I don't have to keep updating with new codes.

However, I recently lost the sound on a few stations......anybody any ideas? Appreciate any help. This forum been very useful!

11. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Hi oliveoil, I havnt had that problem yet but I do know how to fix this problem for the starview and as they are very similar it should work :
    You will have to go into manual scan , then down frequency, and it should re-scan in the bad channels.
    You will then have to delete the original bad channels as they will be duplicated. hope that helps u out ...

12. joey2020

joey2020 Member

Hi oliveoil, this problem is common with all kinds of boxes but simple enough to correct. First go to menu on your remote and then select 'channel edit' on the screen menu. you might be prompted for a pin number so if you haven't set a pin yourself then select the factory default number which is '0000'. using the side arrow keys on your remote scroll across to the 'delete' option and press ok. You will see 2 options 'one channel' & all 'channels' You need to select 'one channel'and press ok. Now select each channel you want to delete one by one and press ok each time until your finished. When you've deleted all the channels with no sound or with lip sync problems press exit on your remote and wait till it finishes saving the changes you've made. Back in the main menu screen go to 'installation' press ok. Now make sure the provider is set to N*L and then select manual scan (highlighted in blue) press ok. to make sure your scan picks up all the channels you deleted out go to where it says 'network scan' and change it from 'disable'to 'enabled'
    press ok let the scan finish. exit right out to your channels and the should all have sound again.

13. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Hi joey: I had to reflash a fella's box because it wasnt auto rolling. When I checked his stuff it said that he had on some other software, is v2500 the latest

14. joey2020

joey2020 Member

Hi MAINAMN what version of software was on it? the latest version for starview is version H20070607_400eE& for digivox its v2500_api.
    If it had the latest version and didn't auto roll there's a reason for that.

15. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Yea I have the latest on starview and v2500 on digivox. mine did autoroll . but his one was some other version from march '07
    and as v2500 is from months ago I thought it might have been a bad update ( like the v3.00e for starview).
    Grand now. I know v2500 is the latest 1 cheers m8

16. oliveoil

oliveoil Member

Thanks joey202 and mainman.....got it sorted just did a couple of manual scans and got the stations in again......new to these boxes so great help this forum!!

17. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

no prob olive ! glad to help..

18. Jagz64

Jagz64 Guest

Just to let you guys know that there are two firmware updates
    available to the DigiVox users.

Firmware Date: 01 January 2007
    Firmware File: digivox_z20070101_v2500_api
    Site: www.nokias.co.uk
    Tested: Works

Firmware Date: 06 March 2007
    Firmware File: c1_fta_z2d0070306_v03_api
    Site: www.digivox.co.uk
    Tested: Works

I'm not to sure what the differences are between the two versions
    but both seem to be stable and fine.

Last time i put the new codes in was about 3 to 4 weeks ago and its
    still going strong.

Just insure you have good strong signal on your NTL or Telewest
    cable line.

Regards, Jagz

19. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

thanks Jagz64 , I have v2500 on mine but a fella Was asking me why his box didnt autoroll , when i checked his , he had the
    c1_fta_z2d0070306_v03_api on it.
    so I reflashed it with v2500 because that version rolled for me !
    Does anybody know if there is a prob with the v03 . just wondering why it didnt autoroll !

20. Jagz64

Jagz64 Guest

Sorry but this is going to sound abit stupid but what do you
    guys mean by auto roll?

Auto roll as in update the codes ?

I'm quite new to this stuff so learning as much as i can.

Regards, Jagz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.