1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.MKV files lagging in VLC

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by MaxValue, May 15, 2007.

1. MaxValue

MaxValue Guest

I got VLC because it has all the codecs to play the files I'm trying to watch including MKV. the problem I am experiencing is that in certain parts of the show the video will just freeze for several seconds while the audio plays smoothely, then finally it will return to normal. generally after this has happened once, it becomes more and more frequent and sometimes the VLC player will encounter a fatal error.

I have noticed that the most often when I am encountering this problem it's at a very active point in the show liek a fight scene or something. this made me think that the problem could possibly be related to my video card but I never have any other problems playing video, only with MKV.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

What is your CPU usage during all this?

3. MaxValue

MaxValue Guest

CPU usage is between 20-40%.

4. TeamDX

TeamDX Member

What you could do is install K-Lite Codec Pack Standard, and use Media Player Classic to play the MKV, and see if that works. Also you can use winamp to play MKV files, but you have to reconfig some things in winamp and still need to install K-Lite Codec Pack.

5. truplay89

truplay89 Member

I installed K-Lite codec Pack Standard, and use Media Player Classic and my hd files still jitter and slow down.

6. Kosiji

Kosiji Guest

I am having the same problem too. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP GUYS!