Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Anything over 137gb should be formatted with 32k clusters. My advice is if you format with an aid disc you should be safe. I've formatted many xbox's with an aid disc and never had any problems with corruption.

You can use xb partitioner to fix your partitions for f and g though if you're worried.

2. unedited

unedited Member

Thanks c4rn1

3. GraveRobs

GraveRobs Member

Hello. I have a regular xbox, unmodded. I was having a problem with my xbox live. I created an account on the xbox website and added a subscription code online. When I go to type in the name of my gamertag, it says its taken. I have no idea whats going on or anything.
    Thanks.

4. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

You have to recover your gamertag instead of trying to sign up to xbox live again. There should be an option to recover your gamertag. Put in your email address and it will progress to a screen where you can then enter your gamertag and password.

5. dalecore

dalecore Regular member

I never got an answer to the problem I put up a couple weeks ago.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/695754

Basicly I wanted to know if my dvd was failing me or was it something having to do with hdd.

I installed a new hdd and a little bit after that the dvd drive would no longer read my big ass emulator disc and some of my movie backups.

6. varnull

varnull Guest

I don't think we should help seeing as you have hijacked a totally different topic after having a perfectly good thread all of your own.

7. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

8. dalecore

dalecore Regular member

I'm sorry I thought this was to ask any questions about xbox. That topic is now weeks old and never got answered probably would have never gotten answered. So my bad for asking the question again and "hijacking" a different topic entirely. I appreciate the advice as always.

9. Evskin

Evskin Member

Hey Guys
    I have been researching how i can play back-ups and go online with my BENQ drive but everywhere i search i read threads dated 2007 saying its only possible to flash the beng and onced flashed it cannot go online. I dont want to sound like a noob but is there any mods now avaiable for the BENQ drive? or flashes that allow online play (stealth gaming)
    Any tips , hints would be greatly appreciated. cheers (Y)

10. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

hiya folks. i just updated to the latest XMBC dash for the original xbox, and the dash wouldnt ecognise the default folders.
    Say for example i choose the E:\Apps folder as my default application (i.e. i make it the default folder), everytime i push the application button (on the dash) it directs me to the tree of folders where i now have to chose the "APPS" folder to activate desired apps...
    So in short, why aren't the selected default folders automatically opened when trying to activate desired programs.

11. themoid

themoid Member

my soft modded xbox is not working (no audio or picture problem so needs soldering).

so i've bought a new xbox - is there any way of swopping the modded HD from the dead box over to the new xbox ?

cheers

Stu

12. asrgames

asrgames Regular member

Is there a way to open the "default.xbe" of a game so you can edit it?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  13. varnull

varnull Guest

@ Stu... if you have the eeprom file from the old xbox it is easy, just follow the replace/upgrade hdd guides. You will need to softmod your new one first which will get you the eeprom file you will need to lock the hdd to the new box.

@ asrgames Yes.. you will need a hex editor and cxbx and a high level of asm coding skills. Have a look at the game modding topics for halo and the like for more hints.

14. grampasso

grampasso Member

Ciao a tutti,
    ho una xbox v1.6 con akira 2. Ora l'akira2 ha 2 banchi da 256MB, e di default sul banco 1 monta in bios evox M8 sul banco1 e Evox M8 v1.6 sul banco2. I due banchi sono selezionabili tramite jumpers. Nella mia non ci sono per selezionare il banco 2.
    Ora vorrei aggiornare il bios, ma ci sono varie opzioni.
    Io vorrei flashre entrambi i banchi o con due bios da 256K in modo da avere un back up su un banco o con uno da 512K. In entrambi i casi come devo fare ?
    Supponiamo che lxbox parta con evolution x: la mia domanda è posso flashre un banco, poi senza spegnere flashare anche l'altro opuure devo spegnere?
    Voi per quale bios optereste 2 Evox M8 Plus v1.6 Stealth 137 GB+ o un Xecuter2 5035 v1.6 137 GB+ ?
    Infatti vorrei anche fare un upgrade del disco a 500GB minimo.
    C'è una guida che spiega tutto passo passo ?
    meglio auto installer deluxe ultima versione o xwizard di Lorentz pe fare queste cose ?
    grazie.

15. grampasso

grampasso Member

Sorry guys I wrote in Italian: really sorry.
    I'm going around Italian, English forums to try to solve my problems and here I was confused. I traslate.
    I have an xbox v1.6 with akira2 modchip. The akira2 has 2 memory banks 256K each and in the bank1 has the evox M8 bios, in the other the Evox M8 v1.6. The 2 banks can be selected via jumpers.
    In my xbox the jumpers are not present, in this way the bank2 is selected (as I have xbox v1.6). I would like to update the bios, but there are various options:
    1) I can flash both bank with two equal 256K bios to have a backup if one bak fail.
    2) I can flash both bank with a 512K bios.
    Now when my xbox is powered, can I flash one bank and then switching to the other and flash the other without power down the xbox ?
    Besides I would like to upgrade my hdd to 500Gb and so you would prefer the Evox M8 Plus v1.6 Stealth 137 GB+ or Xecuter2 5035 v1.6 137 GB+?
    Is there any guide (non obsolete) which explain all step-by-step ?
    I already have an hard disk with games in it, how can I back up them, what other things I need before backing up?
    Auto installer deluxe is helpful in all this stuff ?
    Thanks and sorry again

16. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

i used some xbox bios loader on my xbox i think is was pbloader or something because i was too lazy to put a chip in and i didnt have to really do much but run it in the beginning before the dash showed up or would you rather try to flash the chip?

17. bondage81

bondage81 Member

I have been using a 4gig thumbdrive and just bought a 8 gig so i can put tv shows and movies on it quicker than ftping them to my xbox hd. 4 gig works great for this but it wont recongnize the 8 gig. Im guessing there is a cap on how big you can use. Can anyone tell me for sure and if there is anyway to use this 8 gig. I am using t3ch's latest and greatest version of xbmc. thanks!!!

18. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

damn i never thought about using a thumb drive to transfer media and games thats a good idea ima try that since you sed it fast than ftp and ftp you gotta hook up da wire

19. Cricket10

Cricket10 Member

Don't know if this helps, but I realized that if you plug in your thumb drive to your host PC, and share it, it shows up in your sources. No need to reformat, and the size is only dependent on what the host pc can recognize.

Hope this helps someone out there. I'd like to think I gave something back, albeit small.

20. bondage81

bondage81 Member

I am using a homemade usb cable that is attached to my xbox and my xbox is not networked. I have to move it to another room to plug it up to my computer to ftp, this is why i use my 4 gig thumbdrive to put tv shows and movies on quickly. You can watch them right off the thumbdrive then delete and refill as you want from ur computer. I know a 4 gig works and I know trying to use a external hd wont work like this. I bought that 8gig hoping but no luck as of yet. Anyone know a fix or a for sure size limitation?????