Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

2. Dako

Dako Member

can I use the DVD kit remote to play music stored on the xbox hdd?

3. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

If you have a modded xbox and xbmc then you can control xbmc (and other modded dashes) with the dvd playback kit. A unmodded xbox only uses the dvd playback kit to enable the dvd player for the ms dash.

4. craigger

craigger Member

Have a lite on drive bought ck3 probe and team xecuter power but no usb port on it do i need it? my drive is reconized sata.

5. Eggrollx

Eggrollx Member

Hello,

Problem: Xbox goes straight to Microsoft dashboard instead of loading evo x that is installed and flashed.

It worked just fine yesterday when the guys came over, however as I turned it on today it went straight to the Microsoft dashboard. I have taken the xbox out of the closet just yesterday after a few years so I have been out of the loop and usually can find the answer easily on the web.Your site has been a great help in the past and I have tried searching the fourms yet in vain.

The modchip does seem to be on as I can see the red light in the back. I prefer not to reflash or reinstall the whole the deal. I remember there being a trick as to hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds. I don't know honestly. Please take a look and answer if you will. Thank you.

P.S. I made a thread earlier just now. I don't know how to delete it. If a mod could please. It's title Xbox(not 360) will not revert back to the evo X dashboard. I apologize for posting the extra thread.

6. h4rk4t

h4rk4t Member

this is where my question is. I hope you know the solution.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  7. JukeboxJ

JukeboxJ Member

Hey,

I don't know what is going on, but my xbox keeps asking me for a username and password when I am trying to access shared folders on my PC. My settings on my vista machine are set to share without a password so I don't know why this is necessary.

Any help would be appreciated, I've looked throughout the internetz, and have gotten about 1654651658 different ways to fix this. Some downright crazy. So I turn to afterdawn to hopefully help me out.

Thanks

8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

figure out what kind of drive you have and buy these, obviously don't buy both

http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=73_101&products_id=883

http://secure.llamma.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=73_101&products_id=865

JukeboxJ you might have to change your network settings to public then change the rules for a public network. Are you trying to connect with xbmc? What version do you have?

You want to choose WORKGROUP (SMB) Network

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  9. JukeboxJ

JukeboxJ Member

So I was able to get it to work by changing my network settings on my computer to require a password, and then logging in to the folder through my xbox using that password. However, ideally I don't want to have to use a password at all. The funny thing is, is that it gives me access without the password to my main shared folder but then requires the password for all the subfolders. I'm sure it has something to do with the permissions on the subfolders, but I can't figure out what.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the most current XBMC, because I just updated about a month ago.

I'm choosing workgroup (smc). I am using the private setting on Vista, so I'll try the public and fiddle with the settings. I figured the private would open everything up, I guess not.

10. megsamil

megsamil Guest

I bought a used xbox on ebay. Out of the box it worked fine, after logging 5 hours of play it froze up, so i rebooted got the 07 error, I read all posts on fixing it and was going to do a hotswap tonight but before that I turned it on just to see if the old hdd just need to cool down but I got the error 16 and not the 07 this time, I read that the 16 is due to unplugging the system for more than 5 hrs. So my question is will the hotswap fix both the 07 and 16 errors? And rather than doing a hotswap has anyone tried to just run a disk clone from the xbox hdd to a new hdd? Please help, ready to fix it but want to do it right.

11. Keego118

Keego118 Guest

Hi, I am wanting to know if my flashed xbox 360 will be able to go on Xbox live….i’m not been daft here what I’m about to say is..

I have a 20GB Xbox 360 hard drive that has played unreleased Copied games before, and I’m wanting to know if I format it using the 360 will I be able to play Genuine REAL Games without getting my console bricked or IP banned from xbox live.

I heard that Microsoft scan the Console hard drive by Xbox live for unreleased copied games… will they find a trace of copied games when it has been formatted by the xbox 360…

I WILL BE USING A FLASHED XBOX 360 WITH A FORMATTED HARD DRIVE..WITH REAL 2ND HAND OR BRAND-NEW GAMES… I WILL NOT BE USING COPIED GAMES FOR XBOX LIVE…

WILL THIS WORK…FORMATING THE HARD DRIVE BY THE 360 SO THEY CANT PICK A TRACE OF COPIED GAMES IN THE PAST ON IT AND BAN ME..

NOTE I WILL BE USING REAL GAMES FOR XBOX LIVE ON THIS HARD DRIVE AND PUTTING MY OTHER HARD DRIVE ON FOR PLAYING UNRELEASED GAMES OFFLINE.

Thanks A lot for any replys..this will be my first time on Xbox live. I’m trying to save my Dad buying me another 360 just for genuine games.

12. JukeboxJ

JukeboxJ Member

Most xbox mod uploaders give you the option to dual boot the system. Usually meaning that if you press the eject button it will boot to the original xbox dashboard or if you press just the power button it will boot into the modded dashboard. As long as you play the games from the original xbox dashboard then you will not get banned.

13. vndang

vndang Member

Hopefully this thread is still active but here goes.

So I recently softmodded my Xbox and put UnleashX with XBMC as an application. It wasn't until yesterday that I got the telephone line in the living room fixed so I could move the modem and router out there.

I plugged the Xbox in and to my surprise it's not as easy as that...

I have a SpeedStream modem from AT&T (IP 192.168.0.1)
    (Apparently the DNS recommended is 68.94.156.1 and 68.94.157.1)
    I have a Dynex wireless/wired router (IP 192.168.2.1)

I've tried reading a number of tutorials and gotten nowhere. I tried using a DMZ (Demilitarized Zone). I tried a number of static IP addresses for the XBox.

Basically I'm at a point of frustration that I'm begging for someone to just lay it all out for me say this is what goes here and this is what goes here, you need to do this with your modem, do this with your router, reset this, disconnect then reconnect this, etc.

14. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Ok just tell me one thing... are you trying to connect it to live... and do you have a wireless router with you ? ( so you dont need the telephone line )...???

15. john7435

john7435 Member

hey everyone.
    i'm waiting to get a part from ebay (the via 6421 SATA card..onboard sata wouldn't work) to flash my BENq. i already spent a bunch of cash on the DL burner and discs and shit and dont want to spend more. it says for wxripper you need a dvd that's over 7.5 gigs...im pretty sure i don't have any.

i've made a dummy file on my desktop of 7.8 gigs. can i burn that to a dvd and then use that in place of the DVD movie? or does it have to be like a real working disc?

thanks in advance

16. salman123

salman123 Guest

please answer my question

i have 360 modded with modchip not flash
    its pal version and arcade model

so please tell me how to burn and play games?

can i play live?

i have burn gta liberty stories & tekken 6 with img burn at 2x speed
    i have done code layer 1912-- something but when i insert the disc its reading and display open tray
    should i update

please help me out

17. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

18. weedop

weedop Member

Ok i saw on here that i could mod with my psp so i got it all runnin, i mean kinda. I connected to the xbox and erased everything went fine next i went to get all the programs Ar and usbview got all that stuff the only thing is is tha when i open AR the AR light blinks green and gives me the error report thing send or dont send. i unplug the psp and AR stays on but as soon as i plug it in it goes down. i really dont have the money to buy a usb because i just lost my job.

19. weedop

weedop Member

20. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009