1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. drivingmecrazy

drivingmecrazy Member

i just bought a refurbished xbox 360 and i am playing guitar hero 6 i am having a saving problem it saves fine through the first 4 rockers but after i beat the rush 2112 ending songs it wont save any further i beat the 4 rockers after that and went back and nothing was saved is this a game disc issue or is my xbox messed up?

2. reibako

reibako Member

Hi, i have connected my xbox 360 elite to pc monitor with a hdmi to vga cable.
    I have connected it right but it says no vga signal or no vga cable.Plese help!

3. prennijs

prennijs Member

Hi. Im sorry if this question or problem has already been posted, but i have a serious problem. My 360 recently stopped reading all discs. Note that my 360 would still power on and go to the dashboard like normal. I send it to microsoft to get it fixed and they tell me they wont fix it because it seems to be tampered with. The said it would be sent back to me as i sent it, but when i got it back, it had a huge crack on the shell. When i tried to boot it up, it would'nt produce any sound or video, but you could hear the fan. now all it does is blink red AND green lights back and forth. The disc drive will eject and all. I even bought brand new a/v cables and that isnt it. Heres a youtube link so you can see what it does. (not me in video, nor is it my 360)

And it was never modded by me. (bought it from gamestop)

4. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

i've never had a problem with xbmc playing movies or videos before, but just recently for about a week its been acting all screwy.
    all my videos i've already had on there work fine, its just the ones that i try to copy to my xbox now are messing up. they'll only play for about 5 seconds and then they'll exit on me, and its also strange that using the directional pad to fast forward/rewind doesn't work with these videos, but it still shows the video in good quality and the total time of the video too.
    any help

5. dimefan90

dimefan90 Member

I was ftp'ing my xbox and i had to delete a folder but when i clicked delete, it erased every file on the entire HDD. how can i restore them back?

6. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

could i use xboxpartitioner to reformat my soft modded 500gb hdd with 32 r 64 cluster without opening the xbox r losing the mod

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  7. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Yeah you could, but you'll lose your data in the partitions you change. Like F and G, just back them up first.

8. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

alrite i wont lose my mod

9. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Usually softmod files are located in C and E, you're not going to partition or resize those so you should be ok.

10. Juggern

Juggern Member

I just bought a second hand xbox. The HD is full of shit I dont need. Its hardmodded with 40GB HD and boots into XBMC (2008) if I press on/off for 2 seconds. I dont know what type of chip it is yet. If I boot regularly I get a error 13.
    Before doing anything with it I tried to make a EEPROM backup with Slayer 2.7. It doesnt save anything so my guess is the EEPROM is messed, hence the box is chipped.
    Can I use slayer to setup the HD fresh by selecting new install large HD? Or is it safer to keep it like this since it is still booting into XBMC?

11. guitar57c

guitar57c Member

Hi Guys,

Here's My Problem,
    I have an old version Xbx (Not Xbx 360 Just regular Xbx) It was hacked/softmodded by a friend of a friend and a load of games installed on it. Which was fine and worked great. He told me not to go into the option Xbox live or this would ruin what he did to it and I would not be able to play any of the games on it anymore.

One day by mistake I accidently went into Xbox live and sure enough it ruined the console and I couldn’t play the games anymore. I gave it back to the friend of a friend and he fixed the issue and the console was returned to me again working 100% with the same warning do not go into the option Xbox Live.

A few months later my brother done the same thing as me and went into Xbox live ruing the console again but this time the friend of a friend had gone abroad to live so I had no one to fix the console for me.

So its been lying there now for a few years (prbably 4/5 Yrs maybe more) perfect in condition but idle as I cant play any of the games. I was hoping someone here could give me a walkthrough of fixing it myself.

At the moment if i turn on the Xbox using the power button I get brought to a menu with he following:

Title: Xenium, www.teamxodus.com (tried to find that address on the net and cant)

The options underneath the title are: Launch Menu, Disk Tools, EEprom Tools, Settings, Reboot, Recovery, Power Off.

When I open the disc tray, select Launch Menu there are multiple options I always selected 0 - A which was the fist option and it booted showing a Large blue "X" and underneath "XBOX" in Red then it would go to the xbox screen and i could select memory then select a game so on and so forth.

Now when I launch it goes to the follow error message screen. "Your Xbox requires Service Please Contact Customer Support"

Can anyone please tell me how to fox this please?

Thanks

12. voodooirl

voodooirl Member

hi i have a hard modded original xbox with an alladin chip.it is now broken.it keeps turning off everytime between 2-5 seconds after i power it on.any ideas as to what the problem is and what i need to do to fix it cheers

13. chelovegg

chelovegg Member

Hey, guys!. So my problem is: i play medal of honor (2010) on LCD Monitor Samsung Syncmaster 940n. It is NOT a widescreen monitor. So the game looks like it is streched vertically i mean like the weapon optical target that should look like a circle in my case looks like oval. I can't squeeze my screen vertically so i can get a normal look. any options guys ? tried monitor settings, xbox settings, nothing helps.

14. AdeleBHolmes

AdeleBHolmes Member

When i turn on my Xbox slim the beep sound does not work, i want it on so any ideas how to fix it?

15. aggouras

aggouras Member

I downloaded and burned an XBOX Game Porject Gotham Racing 2. The classical process,

ISO Download
    Convert to xISO
    Burn

I put it on my xbox and it loaded fine. However when I am racing in the very front turn the game stucks and I am forced to exit the game. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

16. dakii

dakii Member

i have a modded xbox 360 and am unable to access my user account. the message says something to the effect that it must be recovered and the dashboard must be updated to complete the recovery. is there any way to recover my user account online on my computer and then put it back on my xbox? the firmware is modded. lt 1.9

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  17. timmaboy97

timmaboy97 Member

can microsoft and sony work together and tell me which system is better and don't just say xbox

18. Sifl

Sifl Member

if you are talking about the newest gen systems they both have there advantages, but al in all i would still say the ps3 is more powerful and going to be on the market longer, so you will get more new games in the long run, but there are more high quality titles on the 360, but then again its nearing the end of its life. next e3 should be the anouncement ovf it replacement, that being said i thing the best video game system available at the moment is the 3ds

19. Sifl

Sifl Member

how is it modded, if its jtag-ed it can get a little complicated, if it just flashed,you will have to update, but check the update online to see what it does first, then you will need to flash it back to factory, update then re-flash with the newest flash pack. if there something i missed im sure someone will let us know

20. dakii

dakii Member

its a firmware mod. lt 1.9 or whatever the latest is, i have a friend that does it for me.