1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

hello, i have a xbox 360 that in the process of flashing had shut off on me after it erased the bank and at the moment in process of writing bank. i had backed up the information from the Samsung OFW( official firm ware) i read the with fw toolbox 3.1 i can get the dvd key from the dvd drive......my question is ...

question:
    1- where can i find or download FW Toolbox 3.1B??
    i have tried xbins but cant figure it out and looked on web but only has release notes and people talking about it.

can anyone please please link me to "FW toolbox 3.1b" i want to see oif i have the dvd key within the OFW :)

2. Sifl

Sifl Member

hey pm if you want a link to "FW toolbox 4.8" just uploaded it to mega

3. oluvinu

oluvinu Regular member

Hi, thx I figured it out last night on forums ..took about over an hour before I got it and can find the dvdkey with jungle flasher.

Do you knew how to un brick a bad flag samsung ms28 drive? I now have the dvd key :)

4. andycoy

andycoy Member

i bought gta 4's two add ons on the xbox marketplace but since then, i have moved and am not connected to the internet anymore. is there anyway to play them without being connected to the internet? they are downloaded on my hard drive the option just isnt coming up when i put in the gta 4 disk.

5. angle123

angle123 Member

I have another question.Can the earlier Xbox 360 arcade or elite play all the Xbox 360 games released after the launch of Xbox 360 slim?
    Don't call it silly,it's just for confirmation.

6. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

ok i just got it back up and running loaded all the files back 2 it
    because i had files corrupted because of the 500gb thing
    after i reformatted it i went to update it to a new xbmc by switching folders i did that and rebooted and it only loads the xbox logo then a black screen and stays there
    i tried to ftp into it but not happening
    tried opening the dvd tray not happening
    and i dont think the fan is running also the light is orange thats on the front

i have the 5gb hdd with the mod on it
    also if i maybe for a slight chance named the folder xbm instead of xbmc this is fix able rite
    and if so how and if the mod gets reinstalled would it erase everything
    like my movies and music
    is there a way to use my desktop to read and write on the hdd

7. bigdog626

bigdog626 Regular member

ok i know its my fault now
    the default.xbe inside the dash is named default2.xbe for some odd reason
    how can i fix this issue

8. Omarox

Omarox Member

Does Xbox live like online experiences works in North africa especially Tunisia??

9. Jaacqquieee

Jaacqquieee Member

Can I store a saved xbox game onto my external drive until I get an xbox hard drive?
    I've googled everything I could. My parents bought me an xbox for Christmas from Game stop, along with Halo Anniversary and Skyrim.

The used xbox doesn't have a hard drive on the top and I can't save any games because of it. I have a Seagate USB hard drive, 250gb for my comp. If I plug it in to the back of my xbox, could I save my game play onto there and then once I get a hard drive, continue my saved game from my external drive and save a new one over my hard drive? I just want to be able to play them until I get it within a few days or so. Then once I pop it in on the top. I can start saving off that instead of my USB drive.

If this is confusing at all ask questions. I'm really eager to play. Thank you!

10. Menelaos1996

Menelaos1996 Newbie

Well here I am posting in a thread from 2011 (almost 7 years later).
    You guys are my last hope, well here goes.
    2 weeks ago I dusted off my OG xbox booting it into the evox and MS dash it worked fine and thought why not burning my and my younger brothers favourite games so that we can live again a part of our childhood.
    I cleaned the Thermal paste off the P3 and the Nvidia chip reaplied with some new Arctic Silver 5, bought a new controller and it was good to go.
    Well after 1 week of reading online how to FTP to the xbox and how to burn DVD's (because by the time the xbox launched I was like 5 years old).
    After Succesfully FTPing Juiced to the xbox and playing it I wanted to play my favourite game witch is Ninja Gaiden Black so I downloaded the ISO extracted it and created an XISO with Qwix I deleted the _j files from movies and also the Dead or alive trailer so that it can be written to a DVD and burned the XISO to some new HP DVD-R's.
    Inserted the new disk to the drive and it seems like it was reading it but after 5 second of black screen a message appeared stating "There is a problem with the disc you are using it may dirty or damaged."
    I know what you are thinking why didn't I FTP the game to my xbox?
    I have the standard HDD (10GB's) so FTPing it is not an option.
    The drive itself has no problem since it plays Mercenaries (the only older DVD I have) without issues.
    I have a 80GB's IDE WD HDD but I need a genuine xbox controller to clone it via chimp (which is already oreder from Ebay :)).
    I don'tknow what part I am doing wrong in the whole burning the game to the DVD.
    Sorry for the big post.
    Thank you.

11. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

12. Bmtaylor

Bmtaylor Newbie

Hi. I bought a xbox original online, i hooked it up and put in a game, i get an error message saying to make sure its an xbox game... I know nothing about xbox, it was going to be a gift to someone. I have no idea what it means or how to fix it.
    Can anyone help me? Please.

13. keebles

keebles Regular member

Might be a dirty lens, or dirty disc. Is it modded?

14. Bmtaylor

Bmtaylor Newbie

I have no idea. I bought it off "mercari".

15. keebles

keebles Regular member

Does it read audio disc's?

16. Bmtaylor

Bmtaylor Newbie

Haven't tried a cd. I'll unpack it and try. I'll let you know.

17. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

any joy?.. these dvd drives are getting on close to 2 decades old now and were not the most reliable even when new.. the only good thing is they sold so many that spares really aren't that hard to get hold of.. the samsung 605b drive for instance used the same laser as the 604 pc drive... (it's easier to find a working xbox drive quite honestly) the Thompson laser can be found in the Tevion brand dvd standalone boxes from aldi of the same vintage. Hunting thrift stores can turn up this obsolete junk at very very reasonable prices.

18. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Ok since ps355528 is using womanese. What she's saying is the drives are out of warranty :p

19. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

never had one with a warranty.. ever.. that's the joy of being an electronics tec and a miser combined..