1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting .FLV files to .MPGs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by lansub, May 16, 2007.

1. lansub

lansub Member

I'm looking for a program that will convert .FLV files to .MPG files. I've found several already through download.com and google searches, but they've all had problems and haven't been able to convert the files for various reasons. I'm just looking for a program that will convert a few .FLV files to .MPGs without leaving a watermark or having a time limitation. Freeware would be preferable. Could anyone help me?

Also, here's a list of the FLV to MPG programs that I've already downloaded and have had no luck with, just so you know which ones not to suggest.

Riva FLV Encoder 2: This seems to only convert MPG files into FLV and not the opposite. Also, my computer freezes any time I try using this program.

Moyea FLV to Video Converter 1.16: Won't work with my Operating System (Windows 98)

Amadis Video Converter 2.5.1: I downloaded this program and right at the end of the installation got several runtime errors which ended in an "illegal operation" error and prevented me from being able to install the program.

FLV to AVI Converter 1.1: Won't work with my Operating System (Windows 98)

Ultra Flash Video FLV Converter 3.0.4: Won't work with my Operating System (Windows 98)

Total Video Converter: So far this has been the only program which I've got to successfully convert an FLV file to a MPG file, but it leaves a watermark on the converted file and has a trial limitation of 15 days which I've now exceeded, which means I can no longer use the program without paying $45.95 (which is way too much money to pay for something I'll use to convert 3 or 4 videos once and then never use again).

WinAVI Video Converter: Couldn't get it to recognize any FLV files to convert them.

SUPER ©: Freezes every time I click the "Encode" button after dragging and dropping an FLV file into the program.

So, if anyone could help me find a program that does what I'm looking for, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. lansub

lansub Member

bump.

3. skyhaha

skyhaha Member

4. lansub

lansub Member

I downloaded that program, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to convert the FLV files or even recognize them as a supported media format. Any other ideas/suggestions?

5. MysticE

MysticE Active member

6. lansub

lansub Member

I tried SUPER. I had high hopes for this program; it really looked like it would be the one that would work with my computer and finally allow me to convert FLV files to MPGs. Unfortunately, this one doesn't work either. I downloaded it, set the output file type to MPG, dragged and dropped in a FLV file, clicked "Encode" and it froze. I gave it a few minutes, but still nothing. I had to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the program. I then tried again with another FLV file, a much smaller one (1MB instead of 24MB), to see if it was just that first file that made it freeze, but no, this one froze it as well. I restarted and tried again with yet another file just to have the same result again.
    Thanks anyway for the recommendation, though; if it didn't freeze, I'm sure this program would do exactly what I wanted.
    Unfortunately, it won't work, so I still need a program that will convert FLV files to MPG. So if anyone else has any further recommendations, I would still love to hear them.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  7. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Did you try both ffmpeg and Mencoder? When you loaded your file can Super 'Play' it?

8. barlaa

barlaa Guest

SPAM can do this, too.

it is free

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  9. pearl1214

pearl1214 Guest

En, I'm sorry to hear that, I used Moyea FLV to Video Converter long time, It works fine for me, But it is pity that can't work under win98. there is free trial version with no time limit, download from edited by ddp
    But that you may need reinstall system with Windows NT4.0/+ SP6/2000/XP/Vista for that, you can choice, good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2007