1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP with finding Length of String in BATCH file

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by aweathe, May 28, 2007.

1. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I was eating my evening meal, it's 7:36 PM as I write, and it came to me! Your topfolder name has spaces in it. A judicious application of quotes needed maybe?

evidence...

found folder and Settings\ANDREW\Desktop\EventData2\string.txt

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  2. aweathe

aweathe Member

You were right.. I just put quotes around everything and now it works.

One other thing that was causing problems as well, which I just realized, is that when I copy your scripts off the forum, a space is added to each line. I just went into each line and deleted the space off the end. Something to keep in mind perhaps if helping others.

Et alors, tu est 5 heurs en avance de moi.. c'est 15:25 maintenant ici. Je suppose que tu parle francais :) Moi, pas beacoup, mais tous les Canadians savent un peu! ;) Et c'etait Toronto ou j'etais le weekend dernier.

a bientot!

3. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Moi je suis rosbif, mais je suis fou de la France et la langue de Voltaire depuis mon enfance. Ma cousine habitte à London, Ontario et ma tante à Winnipeg. J'aime bien les Canadiens...

Il n'est pas du tout vrai que disent les gens, que Canada est le pays le plus ennuyant du monde, ou les gens disent "Merci à Dieu, c'est le lundi aujourd'hui!"

Ma sig, c'est qqs paroles d'un groupe de rock, Indochine dont je suis tellement fan.

4. aweathe

aweathe Member

je ne le connais pas 'rosbif' en francais... Le transduction pour moi est 'roast beef'... ??

5. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Oui, roast beef - "les rosbifs", ça veut dire "les Anglais" chez les Français... "Chez les rosbifs" = "En Angleterre".

6. aweathe

aweathe Member

hahahaha ok I didn't know that's how you're referred to. I'm afraid to learn the term for north americans! ;)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  7. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Les "Ricains" are just USians. (It's not complimentary) As far as I know there is no term for North Americans in general, or for Canadians. I daresay there is a rude Québec word for anglo Canadians?

8. aweathe

aweathe Member

hahaha so there is a word for the americans! and what is the literal translation for 'Ricains'? No of course non for canadians... we don't do or say anything, it's the easy thing to do i guess. Just sit above the States and get all the benifits, and don't really take a side! hahaha No I shouldn't say that.

And as for les Québécois, no they don't have any word for anglo canadians (at least non that i heard living in quebec for 8 months) but the sentiment is not very kind toward us. They need a word I think! Were just the 'anglophones' and they are les Québécois. One thing to note though is that for the majority they think of themselves as les Québécois first and Canadienne second.

9. aweathe

aweathe Member

I think we really need some Francicians and Quebecois in this thread! ;) Could be fun.. or maybe not..

10. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

None; it's just an abbreviation of Americains. Believe me, it's not used kindly.