1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Video TS files

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by AvlonChld, Jul 9, 2007.

1. AvlonChld

AvlonChld Member

Sorry if this is the wrong section but it seemed to fit best here. Also I tryed the search and couldn't find anything.
    I just ripped some video TS files off of my own mini disc and since I have a lot of these mini discs I wanted to put them all on 1 DVD. So I need to know how I can change the Video TS files into maybe AVI or MPEG files. Theres also a Video RM folder for some of them. Could somebody please help me and show me how to convert the files?

2. attar

attar Senior member

I think the folder VIDEO_RM is used for playback on standalone recorders and is not required on the PC.

If the files in 'VIDEO_TS' are standard DVD files (VTS_01_1.VOB VTS_01_0.IFO etc) then NERO should be able to burn them to DVD.
    Can you play the files ok on the PC with your media player.

3. AvlonChld

AvlonChld Member

Yeah all my media players can play it fine. Also I'm not sure if you read my question correctly... can Nero actually burn multiple sets of video ts folders on just 1 dvd? I'm trying to get maybe 3-5 Video Ts folders all with different video to fit on one dvd and work.

4. 321obbig

321obbig Member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  5. attar

attar Senior member

Another great tutorial.
    Nerovision does essentially the same thing as Shrink (with the bonus of a menu item for each group of files).
    Each group of VOB's in a folder is merged into one title.
    Additional folders yield more titles and finally a menu is created with each title assigned a menu item.

6. 321obbig

321obbig Member

I might have to try nerovision again just to catch up on new features.
    I think the last time i used it was when nero was at version 6.0 so I'm definitely out of date.