1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Upgrade your Xbox HDD (Super Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by chunkhead, Jul 12, 2007.

1. snofleas

snofleas Member

i got it to work. good call on the ribbon. i was about to eat my harddrive and see what happens. thank you.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Too easy!

;)

3. alecuba

alecuba Member

chunkhead i posted this in the llama's forums but ill put it here too so if u see it first maybe u can help me...thanks

"i need help chunkhead...im using 007 for the softmod, i copied all the folders....the 4541000d, 21585554 foldes under UDATA under SID4.NK.Launcher and also the 4541000d under UDATA under SID4.NK.Loader.007AUF it asked me to overwrite and i overwrote all, copied the files into the harddrive which was empty...started the game and tried loading the mission and it said it was unable...also i tried it without overwriting the loader files and it was the same result...wat can i do???
    am i doing something wrong??? thanks"

4. alecuba

alecuba Member

disregard...i got it to work with splinter cell...now i have another issue with my xbox...i posted in ur xbox tutorials thread...thanks

5. kaydog890

kaydog890 Member

6. jeffers89

jeffers89 Member

i also don't really want to sound like a noob but anyway here goes.

My xbox is chipped and had software and everything on it by people who i no longer know the location of. Anyway it was all working fine until today when it froze while running halo 2 of the HDD. So i had to do a hard powerdown on it(aka hold power button down). Now it wont boot up properly it turns on with sound and graphics etc but freezes up at the Green X. While still showing the evox symbol in the top right hand corner i am not getting a error code or anything like that. What can i do to fix this ??.

cheers

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The link works, however it seems to not like the direct link. Copy the address and paste it into your browser to get it to download

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ jeffer89

Refer to my "XboxHDM Hotswap" tutorial!

9. jeffers89

jeffers89 Member

i decided to post here instead of having it over multiple threads.

I'm following your tutorial on hot swapping and in the tutorial it says error 12 when the hdd is unplugged my xbox displays error 7. Which according to your previous thing about error code numbers means that it is dead. When i used that software of the iso image i burned it detected the HDD so it is obviously not dead. But it still did not work any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You'll find that if you read the tutorial again, it suggests to unplug the DVD, not the HDD. It even comes with an idiot proof picture...

11. kaydog890

kaydog890 Member

Sweet thanks for the fast reply!
    So does the drive HAVE to be lockable?
    and also i have apps installed on my current xbox drive, can i just copy them off then copy them onto the new drive?
    Thanks again!

12. jeffers89

jeffers89 Member

ok well i have unplugged the DVD drive this time instead of the HDD and it just freezes on boot like it was before. So what do i do now ?.

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Continue the hotswap, see if you get results!

14. jeffers89

jeffers89 Member

k i continued with the hotswap and it seemed to go ok. But i still have the same problem with it freezing at the green x or before on boot. So what do i do now ?.

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sounds like you have a corrupt bios!

You might need to invest in a modchip...

16. jeffers89

jeffers89 Member

it already has one or do u mean i need to get a new one ?

17. ssflyboy

ssflyboy Member

Used this tutorial and here's what happened- advice?

Xbox v. 1.6 softmodded- use Slayers Evox 2.6 to backup eeprom to C:\Backup- but the eeprom can't be read in Live Info v. 1.3. Says something liKe "XBE and region are wrong"- well I use that eeprom anyways and go thru Xboxhdm v. 1.9 and format the hd - get error code 05- lock the drive and get error code 06

Was able to get hard drive unlocked and put the original drive back in Xbox and it works fine

Sooo...

there is another eeprom floating around the TDATA folder- should I try that one? Is Evox getting the wrong eeprom? Am I as dumb as I feel? What the hell is going on?? I used a tutorial from http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828

As I am back to square one is there another tutorial or something else to try?

18. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ jeffers89

Ok, sorry. What would be best is to completely remove the modchip and get your console back to stock. Then we can softmod it and get you on your way again!

@ ssflyboy

If you had of read the tutorial correctly, the eeprom file is not in C:\ backup...

19. ssflyboy

ssflyboy Member

Thanks for answering chunkhead- did read the tutorial (again and again) but I found 2 eeprom.bin files - one in C:\backup and the other in \E\TDATA\080299ff
    Under E:\Udata I don't have a 2xxxxxxxxxx folder-searched the whole drive....must of screwed up when I tried to backup somehow but it seems pretty straightforward-any ideas?

20. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Must not be backing up to the correct location. Make another backup and specify where you want it! The real one WILL work in 'LiveInfo' and display your Serial Number!

;)