1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOW TO: Troubleshooting and FAQ for Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by chunkhead, Jul 18, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You'll find it on torrents...

2. Rod70

Rod70 Member

Yep had already tried the popular ones, pirate bay etc but no joy. Maybe the way I entered it, time of day etc. I'll try again later. Cheers...

3. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Simply type "aid v4.10 torrent" into google...

4. penner13

penner13 Guest

have modded my xbox it is now 5 y/o and when ever i start it up the screen goes black and white and moves up and down quickly kind of flashingi think it is a problem with the hard drive any advice on how to fix it?

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sounds more like you've accidentally switched regions (PAL-NTSC).

You'll need to use 'Enigma Video Switcher'.

There's one built into AID and probably Slayers...

6. penner13

penner13 Guest

i am pretty sure i didnt switch regions and the dash is totally messed up cant press the options or boot a disc

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I'll almost guarantee it's the region...

Is the Xbox green flubber still intact or do you get any error codes on your ring?

8. penner13

penner13 Guest

i do not get any errors codes or weird ring lights when it boots the unleashx dash the screen goes black and i am unable to do anything also i had enigma installed before i got the problem and the xbox wont boot any discs original or not

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

10. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Chuckhead, I have another question. I leave my xbox unplugged for a couple days, I press the power button once, the LED lights up it, the fan spins a little bit then they both turn off, without pressing any buttons wait 1 second then the box fully powers up. I've paid more attention to what happens to the box more than before it was unmodded. This never happened to me before or maybe I've never noticed it. It doesn't happen again until i leave it unplugged for a couple of days.

I believe the power supply loses some of its charge because its been unplugged for days, when i power it up it takes 1 second to gain its electric output. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  11. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I just upgraded from SID 4.5 to 5.01. I noticed that when the IGR is used the xbox reboots completely, like when the eject button is used to eject a game. The LED cycles through all colors when the clock is not set. SID 4.5 wouldn't reboot it would just load the hacked dashboard and the LED lights wouldn't cycle.

The lights cycle is controlled through the eeprom chip or through the dump copy of the eeprom? Wouldn't the data become corrupt from frequent LED change?

12. sixthsun

sixthsun Member

I registered on this sight mainly to figure out this problem with my XBOX. This is the second XBOX I've had. The first one took a flight out my bedroom window when I kept having problems with its power cord. Imagine my further frustration after years later, MICROSOFT finally sent out those new cords.
    Anyhow, after I got my new XBOX, everythign was cool again until I started getting this error 16 message a while back (almost a year or so ago). Eventually i just stopped using my XBOX altogether. But recently, I thought about checking online to see if there was perhaps any way of fixing the problem. Fortunately, I stumbled across this site and found the 'HotSwap' solution. Unfortunately, it didn't work. But after looking around this time for a solution to the problem with the solution I found out that the version XBOX I have may have something to do with things. I searched around and found the steps to take in order to determine what XBOX I have. Turns out, it may be a 1.1. Now is there any way to fix an error 16 on a version 1.1. I'd really appreciate someone offering some good news.

13. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Yo chuckhead, you should include in your FTP/Networking guide an alternative method of using other than ftp software to ftp. Include the internet explorer method, the 30 day trials of many programs are not enough or you can you can make references to use the ftp program found within the xbins.rar that you provide because it seems that the program does not expire. The internet explorer method should should be included within that guide. I thought it would further expand the guide.

14. Saint1

Saint1 Member

i followed your directions pretty closely and i'm at the last step, locking the hard drive. however when i type in "lockhd -a" it says it cannot find the eeprom.bin on the CD. i even tried the second option of entering the path manually and that still does not work. any suggestions?

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ locobrown

New FTP method has been added!

;)

16. wjducham

wjducham Member

Hi! You've got great tutorials, I'm wondering if you can help me with my problem. I'm trying to hook up my flashed TS-H943 to my pc to rip games. I have a VIA VT6421A SATA card that I used to flash it. The problem is getting windows to recognize it. I use the 0800 disc to boot and it shows up in device manager, but in my computer I can't access the drive and XBC doesn't recognize it either. Any suggestions?

17. liopord

liopord Member

hey chunkhead, I wonder if there is a way to install a softmod without the actionreplay thing. I got my xbox softmodded from a friend, but i messed up things a little, so i wanted a fresh install for the softmod and the dashboard. I have access to my xbox via FTP, the HDD is unlocked. What I would like is to set up only XBMC in that xbox, but it'll do with an Evox dash or something... so is there any way to do so without 'actionreplay'???

Actually what happened to my xbox is that i formatted drive E, but the backup I had was corrupt... so now i can get into the Evox dash, but when I startup any app the xbox gets frozen

thanks a lot for any help

18. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

@ liopord

Use my 'Rebuild HDD' guide!

@ Everyone else

Please don't use this thread as a place to ask questions, that is what the forum is for...

19. spike6969

spike6969 Member

Man I Just have to say that this site Rocks, I was one of them lazy people that would just post and ask questions, rather then looking. This page alone has just about every link that you could want, news and xbox tuts rock. Just wanted to say very nice job!!!!!

20. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Thanks Spike, I appreciate your gratitude.

The Troubleshooter is a constantly updating monster. Eventually I hope for it to be a self-contained answering machine!

;)