1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

modchipfitters whats happened to them? anyone know?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by xeonide, Jul 18, 2007.

1. xeonide

xeonide Member

hi all does anyone know what has happend to modchipfitters.com i bought a new laser for my sons xbox and paid for special delivery ever since the day after i bought it the site has been down and it will be dated and says down for 24-48 hours but when the 48hrs are up. the date changes and says another 48 hours i have had no emails what so ever about my order and im getting the feeling ive been ripped off and so im ready to take action as the days are just ticking by with nothing from modchipfitters so far the service has been the worst ive experienced

i have now resolved this matter by adding them to my contacts on messenger after a whois search i find the address and i got it the next day

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  2. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

yeh, u have been had my friend... im a whizz at html (not to boast)and i had a look at the source from the server, and its been closed

this means they have removed it from the server, probably violated site hosting rules of a certain company,

my advice is that you wait about a week or two and see if they put the site back up, if not then you have no hope, sorry

XD

3. turner07

turner07 Member

Hi I sent my Wii to ModChipFitters.com last week 24th July. Had a message that my console had been received since then nothing..after a few emails I deceided to call "Because of staff holidays there is a backlog of orders, hopefullly we'll have your console back with you by the end of the week." Well its the end of the week & nothing not even an email..Hopefully the install is better then their service!
    Fingers crossed eh :(

4. xeonide

xeonide Member

here m8 do what i did i managed to find there msn messenger after doing a whois serch then i added them i had my laser deliverd day after.
    there messenger is modchipfitters@hotmail.co.uk add them as a new contact youll be talking to them within seconds.

5. turner07

turner07 Member

Thanks I'll give it a go now ;)

6. modfitter

modfitter Member

hi just thought id let you all know what has been going on
    im joe and i am 1 of the owners of modchipfitters.com.
    firstly let me apologize to anyone who has been waiting an extended amount of time for any orders to be completed.
    This last month has not been 1 of our best to say the least, first our hosting company kicked us off because of a no modchip policy ( which is real strange seeing as we have been with them for over 6 months and we told them what we were going to be hosting when we first signed up) but because of this it took nearly a week to get set up on a dedicated server and get all the dns updates sorted, because of the work involved and the hassle this put us well behind schedule on our modding services, also when our hosting account was shut down we did not have access to our database for a few days which meant we were unable to see what orders were outstanding until the old hosting company agreed to give us partial access to the old server so we could recover our files, because i am the website designer and 1 of the chief technicians as well this meant that we were a man down on the soldering side, this has had a knock on affect then to add to this problem there is the staff holidays for this time of year, so all that added together was a bit much to handle then to top it off this week our nice new shiny dedicated server decided to chuck a wobbly and have a hardware failure
    so as you can all see things haven't been running to smooth for the month of july for us but rest assured we will get on top of things very quickly and hope to give you all the great service that you all expect from us, all we ask is for a little patience while we catch up and we can assure you that we are still around and do not intend on going anywhere for a long time to come

if you have any questions or comments to pass our way please either post here or get me on msn messenger modchipfitters@hotmail.co.uk if i am in front of the pc and don't can get at my keyboard i will answer you if you get no response it either means im afk or im busy soldering

so all that said i hope this helps explain a few things and put your minds at ease a little
    if there is serious suggestions as to how we may improve either our service or our website im listening and will do what i can

thank you to everyone for supporting us this far and we hope to see you all back on our site soon

thanks
    joe
    team modchip fittera

7. turner07

turner07 Member

Hi all,

I received my Wii today from ModChipFitters.com all seems to be working well! as the Joe says he's had a hard time lately..so I can't really complain....
    Thanks for your help in the forum guys and I hope all goes well.