Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    Yeah! It all depends on the color. I lucked out as I gave my neighbor's kid one of my case's 5.25 blanks, (had his mother take him) and told him to match the color. He forgot the blank, but he got the color, spot on! LOL!! Those raised icons on the tray really stand out and look very classy in silver! Now I just need to paint the Asus tray cover!

As far as the 7170A goes, it seems to work all right at 8X, or at least the scans I took seem to think so! LOL!! I'll try burning at 8X instead of 12X and see what happens.

Best Regards,
    Russ

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Russ
    is it easy to get them face plates off? i dont wanna waist my drive trying to dismantle it just to paint it...lol

i just did one of the ritek R05 16x+r's tried burning at 16x again and it got to the 3 gig point and got up to 15x then fell down to 12x speed. and at that point of the QC scan it got nasty.
    now is this cause the quality of the disc or the drive just wont write that fast? or it wont write to these disc that fast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

man i hope they get better as they go...lol

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    When you remove it, open the drive and then turn it upside down. Look down by the tray cover and you will see 2 little tabs that secure the tray cover. use your thumbs to spring the cover enough to release it and it slides right off! Then close the drive! The other part is held in place by 3 or 4 tabs. 1 on each side and 1 top and bottom. Start with one side and using a small screwdriver push the lock tab in and a little towards the front while gently pushing the cover up by it's corner or edge until it releases. Don't be afraid to push hard with the screwdriver, but don't go crazy either! LOL!! Then go to the bottom and do the same thing, then the other side and it should come right out. You'll see what I mean when you look at it. Then remove the button from the drive and put it on a bent paper clip to paint. Putting it back together is pretty much the reverse, except it's a bit easier as it all just snaps together. You'll see!

Best Regards,
    Russ

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@Russ.
    i have a few older drive taht i dont use or dont work. i will expereiment on them first..lol
    even try the painting thing with them also.

ok guys gonna bore ya with another test run here, lol just went back to good ole clonedvd2 and did one on the fly disc to disc. much better results.

[​IMG]

burnt at 8x. doing the same one at 12x now

edit to add scan
    and here it is at 12x. lower PIE's but higher pif's
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  5. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

I just ran this through Ri4Me and DVDRB/CCE, 2 pass. I burned the disk with nero at 8X, and this is the results.

[​IMG]

Looks good to me! I do have a question. Why do series DVDs take longer to process with DVDRB/CCE? This DVD was 7.4GB, after I ripped it. I selected Movie + Menus and it took 69 minutes to complete the re-build. I only notice long times like that with Series DVDs. Anyone have any ideas as to why it takes so much longer. I can do a movie that size, usually in under 45 minutes doing Movie only! My speed with DVDRB is firmly in the mid 9s, so I don't think that it's the computer. I also noticed that the rip takes about 17 minutes, vs about 11 minutes for a regular movie. I have no idea why! Anybody????

Best Regards,
    Russ

6. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

yes it does look good Russ. keep em ike that and everyone is happy..lol
    to answer your question. i think it goe along with what you have mentioned to me before. it has alot to do with the frame rate. im sure in the series stuff they have more frames they have to peice together to get what they want, just right. so if theres more frames in the series stuff it will take longer to do them. at least thats how i see it. i might be wrong but it makes sense to me..lol

7. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    No, I don't think you are wrong as it makes perfect sense to me as each individual episode has to have it's own opening and closing credits, so that's lots of additional frames. The shows also have to be isolated for the main menu so you can choose which episode you want to see randomly.

To me, if it makes sense, it's probably right!

Thanks Rob,
    Russ

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok fellas got a scan here. did it lastnight.
    on the S203b sammy.
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/18xcreate.png
    http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i196/Cincrob/18xburn.png

these are better than before. actually a nice burn.
    i have found useing nero create disc is a very picky burning app. to get a god burn. you gotta leave the system alone and let it burn.. i got a couple more im getting ready to do. then im going back to the right way. and use clonedvd2...lol best program in town JM2C

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

how sweet it is.....

i didnt burn with the sammy i burnt with the 18x litey
    but i used the sammy to read with. disc to disc burn. read drive was the SH-S203B write drive was the LH-18A1P.
    burnt at 12x scaned at 4x. got me this little gem. not a 98score but it dont get much better than this..

[​IMG]

and thes disc the sammy had to read to produce this looked as bad as mike tyson after buster douglas got done with him...lol

im in the middle of doing it the same way but useing the LH-20A1S drive.

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Give DVD2One a try.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well ive done the CYCLE..lol used the sammy to read and burnt to all 3 liteons.. think i have found a grove.
    just finished burning with the SHW-160P6S litey. ole faithfull...

[​IMG]

kinda high on the total PIE's but average is sweet. and the PIF's are unbeleiveable for the 16x litey. and im thinkig of takeing it out of the lineup for a 7200s?????? i better get my head checked..lol

Hmmmm 16x-r's 6 burns on 4 different drive all under 200 total PIF's
    think i might have stumbled across somthing....all this time i was hesitent to run the -r's......thanks buddy

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO
    Russ happy b-day buddy

man the LH-18A1P really like these 16x-r printable verbs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  13. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

cincyrob,
    You can send me that 7200 anytime you want. LOL!! I would rather have it than any Lite-On! It's a total mystery to me why Lite-On can build such good drives, but can't seem to find the same recipe for their tray mechanisms! Even the ones used in HPs and Compaqs barely have enough power to open the spring loaded door. They sort of stagger open! Even when new they are very weak, and they're gear mesh is the pits! Even my Stand-Alone DVD Player, which has a Lite-On drive in it no longer wants to open, and it's rarely used! The contact point of the gears is off by fully half the width of the gear track and has worn the too soft track gear into little angled points!

Just send me that 7200! I'll make good use of it! ROFLMAO!!

Thanks for the HB by the way! 64 yesterday! LOL!! I blew out all the candles and got my wish! ROFLMAO!!

Russ

Last edited: Jun 25, 2008
  14. greensman

greensman Regular member

Did some burns with the AD-7200S since there was a request. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....gm

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

greensman,
    Hey!! No fair using smaller files! LOL!! They look real good though!

Painted the drive tray yesterday. Looks so much better without the black/Blue lettering Asus uses. Matches perfectly, as I only painted the tray cover.

Russ

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh the files are a little smaller but there's one "full" size on there. :) IIRC it was the FIRST burn with that drive. :p I'll have to check to make sure. lol.

....gm

add: yep 1st burn it was... ;)

17. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

is there a FW update for booktypeing for the 7200s?

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

*hits RedRob in the back of the head* :p

go here and get Liggy's 1.06 bitsetting f/w for the AD-7200S. :D Little birdie (LOCOMOD) said this is the best for his and it seems mine like it too. :D

....gm

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

/me hits redrob in the front of the head.

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

dang im getting beatup in every thread i goto today...
    i'll have the new FW wheni get home and do about 20 burns real fast. use some of them F16 and R05 ritek's..