Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Never owned a plextor. Heard VERY good things about them(atleast their older models). Looks like Nec may be the next best thing. And its a good thing im liking them enough to try the successor model to the 7200. Because the egg is out of the 7200. They're also out of the LH-20A1H!!! I am VERY disapointed. I mean I know its time to move on sometime, but... man... I love these drives! I suppose I could get them on ebay, but I wouldnt KNOW what im getting, You know what I mean? And virtually no one is cheaper than the egg. http://www.google.com/products

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  2. greensman

greensman Regular member

I don't know much about axiontech.com but I know that mwave.com is a good company. You might see how much they want for S&H and go from there. I would have the EGG email you too when they get some back in stock. I've done that a few times and it normally pays off. ;) good luck buddy. :D

....gm

Did some quick looking and it seems that the AD-7200 models are getting scarce. lol. I found this at the EGG and believe it's the IDE model of the AD-7200 but I'm NOT 100% sure. You might do some research and see what you can find. :D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

yes indeedy. They bend over for their customers, believe me. Mwave I mean. Thanks for reminding me, I might by one if they have one, but ultimately im gonna buy a couple of the 7220s from the egg. It doesnt look like the eggs gonna get any more. Usually they atleast list the item as out of stock! Probably get one for my bro as well. His DRU830 just *%&^$ out on him. Yes... mwave has them. AWESOME!!! Unfortunately their shipping is steep. And I dont think im getting the 7220. Thanks for the research tip. Apparently the 7220 is getting ALOT of talking about. It apparently has a Lite-on chip. I dont want it if its not genuine Sony/nec opti!!! The pic on newegg sure is misleading!!! :(

4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

After talking with alot of people at CDF's the 7220 is nothing but a rebadged litey. NEC doesnt have its chipset in it like it did with the 7200 series.. before i got my 7200A i was gonna get the 7220 but they persauded me from it with there info....

and the 7200A isnt as good as the 7200S i think. i know i havent burnt as many disc with it like the 7200S, but the 7200S started out giving great results.... i know people say the sata vs. ide dont mean anything when it comes to ODD's but in this case i dont agree...lol

5. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Meritline says they have both the 7200S ($25.99) and the 7200A ($22.99). Shipping to my location would be $7.90.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Usually I only buy media and other things there ;) Didnt know they had burners. Mainly stick with SMS, due to their free shipping most the time. Thanks for the tidbit hobbit :D I bought one last night.
    Here is yet another scan of a TYG03 Burned with the LH-20A1H. I really love this drive. Probably wont trust it with DL discs anymore though. It wouldn't read the second layer on one recently.
    [​IMG]
    Not too bad for the media, or for how many discs its seen. I wish I bought two of these beasts :D :D

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

reallyy??? Thats just silly. Why do you suppose that is?

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i dont know? its like it isnt going fast enough to get itself past the break. i have gotten it to read @6x a few times but mostly anything faster than 8x it will read fine....

it seems that i cant get my sammy (SH-S203B)to scan again. i think i might have cleaned the registry and it is back on the list of drive that is blocke/banned from scanning..

LOCO,GM??? how dodi go into the reg and make it to recognize the drive again. i think it was one of you 2 who told me how to do it the first time????

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

[​IMG]

scan of the memorex DL (riek s04) with my LH-20A1S. not much better than the scan with the 7200A. it does play good though...

11. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yeh I would expect a little better scan from the Litey. I'm just not sold on the AD-7200 scanning when the benchmark for personal scanning is set with the older BENQ's and Liteys. :) I'm sure it plays fine and will for some time... What speed did you burn those at again? Just curious as I have a few of them to mess with but have been reluctant to use on these newer drives... I burn the heck out of these SL's tho.... lol.

....gm

12. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i burnt it at 6x then scanned it at 8x. gonna do another one right now on the sammy just cause i can,,lol

my 7200S it scans well. it is pretty close to my lite-on not as good but close....

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  13. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I wonder what the scan would look like if you burned it at 2.4x?

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

the one i just did. i burnt at 4x on my SH-S203B scan so far is looking good and scanned with the samsung/

heres the scan of the 4x burn on the samsung. scan is done with the 7200s
    [​IMG]

15. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

What I don't understand is why the quality score doesn't reflect the PI errors, only the PI Failures, and then only the maximum seems to have any effect on the score. I would consider this a much better scan than yours because it has half the PI Errors and 1/8th the PI Failures, yet it still only rates a 95!

[​IMG]
    This is what I usually get for results when I scan a DVD after GM helped me convert my BenQ to a Litey LH-20A1P. It seems to burn and scan very well indeed! I don't do them all the time, just when the mood strikes me.
    [​IMG]
    Happy Holidays,
    Russ

16. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Looks better!!

17. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

MBI 8x DL Richohjpn D01 Burned @ 4x with Optiarc 7200S 1.j1 f/w(Liggy mod), scanned @ 8x with iHAP322, UL15 f/w:

[​IMG]

First burn with this media on the 1.j1 f/w.

18. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not bad hobbit. way beter than my DL.....

just did this burn on the 7200S. should have gotten another one of these instead of the 7200A. first scan is from the 7200S then the second one is on the LH-20A1S.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gotta love this movie too.... GOONIES......

if i dont post back in the next day or 2 you all know why...lol

MERRY CHRISTMAS & Happy New Year.
    everyone enjoy themselves and have fun over the holidays.

19. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

You may have already gotten this took care of, but just in case here is the link on how to do it.
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/1803665-post.html

Merry Christmas :)

20. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Thanks cincy!

Another 8x MBI Ricohjpn D01, Burned @ 4x on Optiarc 7200S, scanned with iHAP322 @ 8x:

[​IMG]

Second burn, usually worse than the first (which it is), burns should improve after this one.

Same disc scanned with Lite-On LH-20A1H. Think the scanning is going out on this drive!

[​IMG]

Same disc again, scanned with Optiarc 7200S:

[​IMG]