Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Here's a pic of the information on my 7220s from DVDInfoPro 530. Note that it detected the DVD to be Book Type, DVD+R. I did this burn with the 7220s on Monday using Nero. "The Ultimate Gift"! Terrific Flick!

[​IMG]

Russ

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Rob

Yeah that's the thread I read before I bought the 7240S. The fastest I can get it to write was a second burn of X20 on X16 Verb 004s +Rs. Got a whopping 18 scan score. LOL I then did a X8 on same Verb MC004 +R.The results are below. Same old 95 score but a lot more PI failures than my 7200S. Since there is no way to bit set yet, it will go on the shelf as a spare until that problem is fixed.

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2009-04-01

3. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

What do you think of Ritek Garmoon???

Here's a decent looking verb. Compared to what ive been seeing from them lately! Jitters rather odd though [​IMG]
    12X Verb 7200S
    [​IMG]

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@O7

I love the old Ritek 03s and 05s and Ricohjpn brand Office depot which are now defunct. I've used them for years with dvds I've done for my daughter. I can't think of but a couple of instances of the burns not playing. I would buy more if I could get them at OD. I will try their TDK brand which I think is their new store brand but labeled as TDK. They will probably be Riteks or Ricohjpns. Memorex are another option now for her. I'm hearing things said about TY media that are none to good also over at cdfreaks while I was scouting the 7240s drive out. Seems their media is not thought of as good as it once was. I'll probably wait for the sales of the TY 02s on line if I can find the 8X speed.

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Ive heard the same thing about TY's! People are complaining about SMS bought TY media. NOT good! I will however continue to buy until I experience MAJOR problems myself!

Heres a 20X attempt with the SH-S223Q. It never exceeded 15.7X! The spikes of 6 and 5 dont surprise me given the burners quirk with +R's.

And it looks like it passed the CRC (scandisc) with flying colors!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

That's ugly. In all fairness to the 7240S, the first three burns were all on the fly and only the 20X burn which did achieve 20X was horrible.The 16X burns on 16X media were OK to good. But I have almost all +R media and will booktype them to DVD-ROM with the 7200S until Liggy fixes that with the 7240S. So I have an excellent replacement if my other2 drives go out after the booktype problem is fixed. And the price $27 shipped was a steal.

That -R ritek I burned and scanned was NOT an on the fly burn tho and was the last since I've taken 7240S out. Whats nice about this dell case is I can change a drive in less than a minute. two latches pops out front and push new one in plug two connector snap case side on. No tools needed.

7. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Yah...im liking my tool-less design as well! Open my side panel, click a button, unplug the wires, and BINGO. Just a simple button to lock/unlock. VERY nice!

8. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Garmoon,
    I agree totally on the Riteks. I don't think I ever had a bad burn with the 03s or the 05s that I can remember. I don't know if the F16s ever got any better, but the early ones sucked, big time. You could burn a 95 and follow it with a 20 something on the very next disk! The last 05s I bought came with about 20 F16s mixed in. 8 of those failed!

Russ

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Maybe it's time to conjure up the great one --Doc TY --to fill us in on the correct poop about the recent TY media????

gman do ye have the magic wand?

10. greensman

greensman Regular member

I have the wand but NOT sure it works anymore. I'll give an email to him and see if he'll answer. ;)

...gm

11. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

GM,
    I don't know what's up with him. He hasn't answered any of my emails either!

Russ

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a little burn! 16X Opti 7200S TYG03. Not too bad :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hmmm...jitters rather scary! This is a TYG03 NON watershield. I was attempting to see the difference in the Watershield media and this regular printable TYG03. The PI E is substantially lower. The jitter, could simply be due to an aging burner. This burner has seen more than one could hope! Its likely the best burner i've ever had! I'll run more tests on my optiarcs tomorrow. Cause im certain, that when I moved to the watershields, the PI F began to rise. This is however a typical burn on TYG03 for the LH-20A1H! Other than the VERY low PI E!
    [​IMG]

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

here is one of the TDK 16x-r's(CMC MAG AM3)
    not a bad scan overall. kinda high on the total PIE's but what matters is the playback and they look sweet.

Burnt at 8x scanned at 8x on the AD-7200A
    dont know why i choose 8x scan i normally do 5x...lol
    [​IMG]

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's an update for my Hall Of Fame. Mine anyway LOL! This is the best scan as of now! Gotta love these Yuden T02's!
    7200S @8X This was also an attempt(Download) to see if I could cause the Mound/hill in the PI e scanning area. I do have other downloads I could scan :)
    Im also noticing a similarity on the discs in the 3.0 area. VERY interesting. Probably something about the batch. NO, im not complaining, just noticing LOL! The first is my new scan, the second was burned with the 7200A a little while back.
    Yes Garmoon, another 95 LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@o7

Ah, but now you're using the primo stuff. There are 95s and there are 95s like those two above! LOL It's all in the PIE.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a fairly scary looking burn. I have seen much worse though. Heck, industry discs are a joke, if scanning them were actually viable LOL! 12X TYG03 7200S
    [​IMG]

18. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...this ones a bit better. This media varies soo much its hard saying! 12X TYG03 7200S Windows 7 as you can see :D Jitter is looking VERY steady!
    [​IMG]

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

16X TYG03 7200S. Looking a bit better as well. Jitter is still stable, Pi E is lower, Failures are lower :D 16X still makes me nervous though LOL! The poor burners just don't sound right burning at those speeds. Although I've heard worse. The poor LG burning at 22X. Poor thing sounded like it was gonna fly apart!
    [​IMG]

20. bigwill68

bigwill68 Guest

Well i'm back to post a LG Gh22np20 burn and scanned with old Sony AD-7200s

I hav'en burned with it that much but I took it out the antec 300 case and slapped in the cm 590 and letting the liteon lh-18a1p-185
    rest alittle while laying in my dresser draw among my other computer parts...

The pie chart on this scan freaked me out this was burned at 8x's
    it's just the quailty of the disc,,Need to order me some Ty's never burned 1 with the Lg yet but can't wait to...

[​IMG]

@omegaman7

How in the world you get them Background Images show up on your scans like that brother?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009