Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. greensman

greensman Regular member

Both of those are good mate.. no worries that I see. ;)

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

its been a while since i posted a scan also. I'm amazed how long these Plextor ODDs have held up, been over three years and still going strong.I want to buy a blu-ray burner but may wait a bit longer.

[​IMG]

3. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not bad at all scott. it has been awhile since you've graced us with your presence...lol

OM7 do one of the 8x TY's at 12 now... im gonna do one useing my 500gb green hdd. ill post it shortly.

speaking of gracing us with their presence were has my Bostonian buddy been? BlivetNC where are thow????

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  4. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

ok here we go. CRT and scan from my AD7260S of the 8x-rTY burnt at 12x useing iso file from my WD5000AACS GREENPOWER drive.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I updated the 7261S's firmware to 1.01Bt. No dice. No big deal. I generally only burn TYG03, and MCC004 discs. The Yuden T02's are for special projects.

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a Yuden T02 (8x) burned at 12X by the 7200S from the WD20EARS HDD. Shot too Nabby LOL!
    [​IMG]

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

just did this burn and scan. looks good except the scan stopped at 90%. im gonna link to the build thread to see my questions about this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/867265/5270732

this was burnt at 16x from my WD1001FAALS drive.
    i took the disc out and put it back in to see if it would scan all the way to the end. it stopped at the same spot. so i took it out again and put it in my other IHAS324S(differnet FW on it) and it scanned to the end with even better results..???

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  8. greensman

greensman Regular member

Rob, read your post in the PC build thread and I have to think it's either a wonky cable or maybe a connection problem. You might try and update your f/w for a positive one thing for sure. ;)

9. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

My LH-20A1H would rip discs and stop just before the end. Causing an error. My thoughts are the motor quit, or was quitting. It really didn't irritate me that much though. That drive was my workhorse for a very long time. Wish all Lite-ons were that reliable. Its unfortunate that it's the only drive of theirs I have respected. I now look to my 7200S for ripping nasty looking discs. My Asus DRW-22B2S has done ok so far. But I wonder how it will ultimately fair. I've already witnessed wonky behavior. Lite-on like sooo many manufacturers are slipping :(

10. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well after actually inspecting/touching each sata cable to make sure of good contact. i avent had any issue with it or the BSOD in the last 36hrs. as a matter of fact the drive that i am thinking had the issue just spit out this beauty.....

[​IMG]

this was burnt at 12x with imgburn. on the same drive it was scanned with. the first one on this drive...lol

11. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Well...I hope the mishaps were just a fluke then. And that the drive is not quitting ;)

Nice scan. Rather high jitter, but still reasonable ;)

12. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Rob,
    You might want to carefully look over how other things are working with your OS. I know that I will be laying down a completely new install of both XP-Pro and Win 7 when I get the new motherboard. Nothing seriously wrong, but just little minor glitches, like when hitting the end key, it stops a space or two past the end of the text line. Just this morning I had to unplug my keyboard and plug it in again, so that it would work. Little chinks like this seem to be caused by uncorrected processor errors, that some times manifest themselves after a failed overclock attempt. The last time I didn't reinstall the OS, Windows finally decided that it just would no longer boot into windows. I wound up with a bunch of corrupt files that required a full wipe of the drive to eliminate.

Russ

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Russ, you need to hide that 98 from Omegaman!!!!!!

14. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Garmoon,
    Nope, it's Rob's, not mine! I've had a few 98s going back several months.

Best Regards,
    Russ

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

LOL! No problem. The jitter is too high for my likes. Still a good scan though ;)

High jitter CAN cause compatibility issues. Granted, most optical drives don't care about the jitter. Provided its not extreme.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well DUH you're right. I think all these "quote the quote" of the guy above is so much waste of space and confuses me since the colors are vague and especially when you miss the "originally posted by X" - one of my CRS moments, which are frequent nowadays, I think. LOL

Cogito ergo non sum! some days.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a shot of me running my first blu ray. Sure wish 8X were standard, trusted, and cheap LOL!
    [​IMG]

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

so how much are BR blanks these days?

19. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

They vary from 2$ and more. I think I figured these as seen above go for $1.86 I believe. But they sure are slow. And not many devices recognize them yet. My Blu Ray player for instance can only play BD-RE discs. I wonder if BD-R can be bitset in such a way that can fool the players ;) Much like the +R's of old :D

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

2 bucks not to bad for a coaster. Hell DVD DLs used to be $2 bucks.