1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your DISC quality scans here 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cincyrob, Jul 27, 2007.

1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Ripper, I remember when- enjoy immensely- I did! The job thingy comes all too fast and lasts almost forever. Is Janrocks still alive? Anyone?

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Haha, yes I'm sure. I will, thanks.

Janrocks is just about still here; posts under 'ps355528' now if you want to get in touch!

3. greensman

greensman Regular member

CMC MAG.. nice.. :p

CONGRATS on the retirement. :) Just be sure to do something buddy... or you'll waste away. ;)

4. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Here's a scan of a DVD+R DL. Verbatim 2.4X MIS if I'm not mistaken. Burned it at 4X via NEC Optiarc 7200S. One of my favorite drives :D

A player locked up while playing it. And yet, it's one of the best scans I've seen of this disc type! I'm guessing the player had an issue. Because the scanning drive, was able to play through the supposed area, where there was a problem. Ah well, have to reburn it anyway, because something else was screwed up LOL!
    I'm used to these looking a bit rough on one of the layers :S
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

i havent been in the DVD burning game for some time now with changing work scedules and life going on around me. its kinda hard to find some good media now days. well what im used to anyways. cant find any good TY's or MCC004 verbs. just alot of MCMMAG stuff....
    heck its been years since ive bought a new burner..well other than my blu ray burner that ive only burnt 12 disc on..lol

6. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Still running my same burners. Die hards. Though BD burner #1 can't be trusted to burn, it still reads 99% of them without stutter. My optiarcs are still going :S I'm thinking they don't know how to die.

Supermediastore carries my media. JVC/TY are still excellent media for dvds. And I use "That's"(TY) found on ebay. I've heard panasonic makes good BD media too.

Hope you have a happy new year Rob ;)

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

I've gone through meritline. Not for media however. I generally stick to newegg, and SMS.
    Some of their media is expensive. I usually wait for a sale, or coupon code ;)

9. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hello all, long time no talky!

I don't do much burning anymore myself, only for those dvd isos that won't play oorrectly by my media players out of my network storage.

I always preview movies in dvd format to see if I really like it before commiting to bluray, then I buy. Otherwise (normally) it is rip - view - delete.

10. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Mmm, I'm more of a HDD storage/backup kind of guy myself. The only DVD's I've burned lately, were picture discs for family.

Blu-rays take up quite a bit of space. Especially 3DBD's. Though that may be remedied soon. But even 15TB, only goes so far :S

11. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Best storage for bluray is on pressed bluray discs, hands-down.

I only have 6TB permanent storage but with an additional 9TB addable/swapable.

12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Burned this with my wonderful 7200S @8X. I expected it to be a bit worse. Though I suppose the jitter is high. This iHES drive is not the best for reading though. But, it was convenient :p Verbatim Life series.
    [​IMG]

13. flowrent

flowrent Regular member

Can anyone give some guidelines to burn DL discs propely ? I'm using the best i could find , Verbatim MKM-003-00 , i burned at AWS speed , i can scan the Disc Quality at 4x and it looks pretty good but i can only do the Scan Disc at 8x and it shows some bad sectors . Should i be concerned about these sectors ? I also checked a pressed DL disc and no red sectors appear .
    It's a problems that starts with the second layer, i'm using ImgBurn and the Layer Break is set to Automatic .
    I also did a disc at 4x and that one actually looks worse . So, maybe the golden rule to " burn at lowest speed possible " is not valid anymore ? Is there another software better for DL or i'll stick with ImgBurn ? It's a PS2 game i'm trying to burn but patched to look like a DVD Video .

Attached Files:

14. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Hi flowrent- what do you mean it's "patched to look like a DVD Video?" What type of disc are you burning- data disc, DVD-Video, etc. I don't know what type a PS2 supports.

I don't use Imgburn. You're using Nero utilities to check the discs. Do you have a Nero suite?

In general, you can ignore the bad sectors. Almost every disc has them but the software won't write to them.

15. aldan

aldan Active member