1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigabyte board front panel connector problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Wilbow, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Wilbow

Wilbow Guest

Hi everybody,
    I have come into posession of a Gigabyte S478 OEM board GA-8SIMLNF, which I believe was used in Packard Bell PC's. There is a group of pins for the front panel but they have no identification on them. I have been to the Gigabyte website and they dont list it, the nearest model number is GA-8SIML, it is not much different to that apart from the front panel connector!
    For photos of my board go here:-

http://gigaboardfpanel.mypicgallery.com/

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation of any help

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Power switch, Reset switch, Power/HDD LED, Case speaker

3. Wilbow

Wilbow Guest

Hi, thanks for replying, I was kinda hoping of some indication as to which pins do what, lol. But nevermind that, I've sussed it and got it booting to bios after I clear cmos, anyway I have a new problem now, it wont reboot after running setup, I just get 'No signal' and screen shuts off. I am getting a low battery warning for a known good battery ( I have tried 3 and they all reporting same) If I clear cmos and start again i can select F2 to run setup again, or F1 to load defaults and carry on which it will try and do, but I cant set it to boot from cd then to install OS.

Any ideas?

4. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Try looking at another boards manual and try using that. It should be the same.

5. Wilbow

Wilbow Guest

Cracked it, used the GA-8SIMLH manual, edited one of the photos to show the pins.

6. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Hey good to see it worked!

7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Cool, so it's all sorted?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007