1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, I need to unlock my Samsung SGH-A437

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by eliku, Nov 2, 2007.

1. eliku

eliku Member

Hello, I need to unlock my Samsung SGH-A437

imei 35636101106794502

AT&T

USA

Thanks,

EK

2. porto35

porto35 Member

Put Non Accepted Sim
    Enter
    *2767*3855# let it reboot(restart)
    now its ready for permanent.
    *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
    NEXT ENTER
    #7465625*638*00000000#
    Now its Permanent Unlock ....

3. jsison75

jsison75 Member

does this unlock code work for every samsung SGH-A437 phone? or is there different codes for different IMEI #'s?

if it matters, here my IMEI: 356361010121420

4. porto35

porto35 Member

Do not put your IMEI in any forum, people can clone your IMEI. Yes this is the unlock way for EVERY SAMSUNG A437, no matter about IMEI

5. navi_nkm

navi_nkm Member

I tried unlocking my Samsung A-437 phone, the way you have mentioned here. In the end it says Lock is deactivated now but when i restart my phone it first shows my phone provider and then gives a message "Smartchip not Provisioned MM#2". Does this mean it is not unlocked yet?
    Also when i goto Network selection under phone settings it does not allow me to select the network manually. Please suggest.

6. porto35

porto35 Member

I have never experienced the problem as you said. Put back the original provider SIM (AT&T)and restart and let me know what showing. I unlock at least 9 samsung a437 and have no problem at all.

7. porto35

porto35 Member

I believe that I have to enhance the procedure little bit and just do it again for samsung A437:
    Put non AT&T Sim
    Enter
    *2767*3855# wait for phone restart itself
    Then enter
    *7465625*638*00000000*00000000# (phone will show -------- in lieu of 00000000)
    NEXT ENTER
    #7465625*638*00000000#
    Now its Permanent Unlock ....

8. navi_nkm

navi_nkm Member

Porto,

Procedure you mentioned this time is same as earlier one. I can not see any change. Well if it still shows "Smartchip is not provisoned MM#2", does this mean it is not yet unlocked? It also shows my provider at the start up.

9. porto35

porto35 Member

Who is your provider. Have you try to put the original SIM (AT&T I guess) back and what the message said. As I told you I have seen any similar problem like yours . Most of the time, your current provider shown that means the phone already unlocked.
    Try this
    1. First with different carrier SIM(which would be your T-mobile SIM) in phone at WRONG CARD screen ENTER on the keypad
    2. *2767*3855# (wait 10-15 seconds) phone will reboot(restart)
    3. When phone completes reboot ENTER
    *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#
    4. NEXT ENTER
    #7465625*638*00000000#
    5. AND THEN *#7465625# to check the locks....all locks are inactive...these are all the locks...
    network lock - inactive
    subset lock - inactive
    sp lock - inactive
    cp lock - inactive
    sim lock - inactive
    activa lock - inactive
    phone lock - inactive
    auto network - inactive
    auto subset lock - inactive
    auto sp lock - inactive
    auto cp lock - inactive

Note: In few steps you would not see what you type on the screen.
    Example: In step 3. when you type *7465625*638*00000000*00000000#, on screen it shows *7465625*638*--------*--------#

10. seanwall

seanwall Member

the codes dont work for me the phone is lock to vodaphone and
    when i put in
    7465625*638*00000000*00000000# it says already personalised
    and when i put
    #7465625*638*00000000# it say wrong password
    When i put a different sim in the phone i have to put a Network Lock Code in does any one know what this code is

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  11. porto35

porto35 Member

When it said personalized, that means your phone is unlocked. The code reset now is 00000000 (eight zero)

12. salami1

salami1 Guest

on newer software version these codes don't work anymore also be carefull with such codes as I get many emails from people who have 'phone freeze' problem due inserting such codes.

(don't worry if you have this problem can be solved..)

WBR

13. porto35

porto35 Member

Salami1: R you trying to sell unlock services? Hey man, people needs help over here. If they want to pay for unlock they do not come here. Don't tell me about the latest samsung a437 can't be unlocked, I just bought 2 a437 yesterday from AT&T (USA)-for $20 after rebate and free $20 phone cards- and unlock by code with no problems. Do not discourage people, if you want to sell your services- honestly- I think you come to a wrong place, my friend.
    I always believe that all phone should be unlock and unlock the phone is the right of consumers. I advocate for anybody who can find the way (or hacking) to unlock GSM phone without paying a penny to whoever wants to make money from consumers. Unlock solutions are there somewhere, my job is hunting for them. If I found it I give them free like a lot of helps I received from different GSM forums.

14. salami1

salami1 Guest

Hello,

I only offer a safe way to unlock you might think you have the very very latest software version of this particular phone but the world is a bigger place, and phones even differ from country to country (special branded versions etc). And codes might work or work not and in some cases (not just < 10% or so but more close to 20 - 25%) get broken phones after using these codes. I want to warn people about this. People deserve to have all knowledge and then decide what method they want to use..

You make it look free codes (or software) are all good, well I tell them them the other side. I also always tell people about the possibility with codes (if it hasn't been already said so) but I do not recommend it. And yes I do also have commercial value with it, but as said I just point them in A direction, people choose themselfs if they want to pay of use free solution...

WBR
    Steve

15. porto35

porto35 Member

Salami1: No such thing called "broken phones" as you said because you use the wrong unlock code and cannot unlock it, specially for samsung. As long you don't flash it with another firmware it is not so hard to be fixed. Try me with any of your samsung phone was broken after using wrong unlock code, I'll prove it for you there will be no problem at all. Using box, cable, software are the last choices for regular consumer like me. I bought the phone for $10, how much I am going to pay you (or any guy like you to unlock the phone). I did not receive any incentive from the phone company( pay lower price than the market price and have to sign 2 years contract)why they lock my phone. Do you want to buy a TV and the seller directs you what channel you have to turn on and watch it. As I said the lock phone is the "beep" of phone company and the people who tries to make money for charging unlock (when a free solution is available)is greedy and should be shamed.SHAME SHAME SHAME

16. salami1

salami1 Guest

haha

clearly you haven't had many phones in your hand, some of the free codes resets the eeprom of the phone, and if you do this with newer software version you get 'phone freeze'. Just have a look at multiple forums and see how many have this problem.

This same problem comes when you enter wrong NCK code more then 3 times. Also I've seen some of those free codes just totally freeze (not giving the message 'phone freeze' on the screen anymore ) up the phone. To repair these you needed to completely flash the phone to get it working again..

We provide a safe and easy to use service, programmers put A LOT of time in it and we need to invest to buy phones to test so is that so strange we ask money for our service? No shame in that at all.

I appriciate your idealistic view but unfortunatly nothing in life is free except for the sunlight (thusfar). And you can say well these codes are free.. yes of course but there is a downside with every free thing (a big BUT)...

I think there is enough said about it.. you made your point and I made my point. Let's just leave it to agree to disagree..

Best regards,
    Steven

17. spanky28

spanky28 Member

Worked like a charm for me on an AT&T GoPhone. Thanks.

18. hichamal

hichamal Member

thaks lot porto35. me too it works. thanks lot again. wow

19. blakdawg

blakdawg Member

Porto35's codes worked fine for me a refurbished A437 AT&T Go Phone ordered from AT&T's website. Sweet!

20. porto35

porto35 Member

U R welcome. It's my pleasure