DVDFab Official/Beta release thread (post updates here)

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by LOCOENG, Nov 7, 2007.

1. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

I see paranoia runs here.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  2. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Not paranoia, bones. Just safety. Kinda learned in the service to keep something backed up for contingency, or as I call it, 'Just In Case'.

3. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

Gotcha !!

BTW still nothing from Ting/fengtao on leatherheads :(

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Have you sent the IFO files into Ting et al ?; as i say, Region 2 was painless.
    It is very strange how the more difficult encryptions don't seem to be on the bigger movies, and in different regions too. Doesn't ever make any sense.

5. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

@Creaky,

1) yes to the ifo's to Ting/fengtao
    2) I believe the not making sense is making sense in that the scattered hard encryptions are making the backing up community on edge as to if the big releases will be possible to be backed up successfully. Also If a big encryption renders a stand alone dvd player inoperative on a big release, boy is the consuming public gonna be mad, whereas if the movie studios screw up a lesser release, only a little profit is down the drain, if you follow. Lesser releases become guinea pigs for tougher encryption models to be used on big releases in the near future.

6. creaky

Yeah i see what you mean, that would make sense. Like the protection on some audio cd's were causing widespread problems (with the original cd's in standard players) not so long back.

7. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab products 5.1.0.0 is out (October 10, 2008):

DVDFab (Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter) (Option: Mobile) 5.1.0.0:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?vid=avangate&aid=689

What's New:

5.1.0.0 (October 10, 2008)
    * New: Improved writable media detection.
    * New: Added ps3.vob.passthrough profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * New: Select framerate 23.976 fps automatically if IVTC can be applied to avoid jerky playback on devices like iPod, Zone, PS3 and Xbox 360. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    Please note: if you have set the default profile for iPod, Zone, PS3 and Xbox 360, you need change the framerate to 23.976 fps and set default profile again.
    * New: Changed option text "iPod" to "iPod / iPhone". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * New: Updated language files.
    * Fix: A freeze problem when copying DVD in certain cases.
    * Fix: Preview is not updated when source is changed.
    * Fix: Sound is not played when media is requested.
    * Fix: DVDFab will not start after registration on Windows Vista 64-bit.
    * Fix: A silent exit problem when opening DVD in certain cases.
    * Fix: An audio beep problem when converting certain DVDs like "Hellboy" and "Decoys". (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Converted AC3/DTS file is not raw data when using generic.audio.copy profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Converted MP4 file can not be transferred to iPod when using ipod.mpeg4 profile in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Framerate is wrong when using "Same as source" in certain cases. (DVDFab Mobile Option)
    * Fix: Time length of WAV file is wrong when using generic.audio.wav profile. (DVDFab Mobile Option)

8. creaky

Nice, will grab that later, cheers

9. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Thanks for the update brother dialysis. I'll get this downloaded when I get home.

10. miltex

miltex Guest

But did it fix the Leatherhead problem ?

11. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Thanks for the update bro.

Will update as i'm given the opportunity.

12. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

I second that.

13. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

DVDFab 5.1.0.5 Beta is out (October 22, 2008):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFab5105Beta_avangate-689.exe

What's New:

5.1.0.5 Beta (October 22, 2008)
    New: Improved speed of "Verify disc after finished burning" up to 500%.
    New: Improved cleaning of DVD structure.
    Fix: Second output disc of "Customize Split" will not play correctly on some standalone players.
    Fix: "Verify disc after finished burning" may be skipped.
    Fix: Aspect ratio in small preview window is wrong when source is 4:3.

14. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

Thanks for the update dialysis. :)

15. creaky

this is what DVDFab has been needing for some time. The proof of the pudding is (hopefully) in Battlestar Galactica Season 4 as 5.1.0.0 was sadly lacking in cleaning of some of those discs..

/me scurries off to test it out..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  16. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

lil annoying w/the subtitles still showing up even if it's just checked and not highlighted. they'll come off w/the remote but i swear previous versions didn't have this. nyone know why they either implemented it or can't get rid of it but still manage to have the option in playback? thnx.

17. ferguj1

ferguj1 Active member

I am still confused as to why it appears that you are the only one having this issue. I have yet to be able to duplicate your problem. Wish I knew how to help you get it fixed.

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

dr_ml42

I looked for your previous post about the problem but could not find original post about the subtitles. Is the remote you refer to, the remote for the dvd player. Did someone set your dvd player to always display subtitles when movie starts much like a deaf person would do. You use the remote to turn them off?? Correct. Then find the dvd'player's setup menu and see if they are set to be on auto! Fab shouldn't have control that the subtitles show. It just puts them on the disc. The player ferrets them out to use.

19. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

let me explain what exactly happens. 1st my stand alone's not set up to automatically play subtitles. now when you use movie only mode in fab it will display all the subtitle features as well as the audio streams. the subpictures you could by default leave out if you want to by playing around in the settings guide in fab under subpicture and choosing not to bring up any at all. if not it will bring up what it has. usually extra languages and of course the director's comments. now when you go check off all of them except the english subtitle which i leave just in case these actors start mumbling, if you leave any of the others highlighted but checked off it will copy that to the file. ie: if u checked off director's comments and then just left english checked it will force the director's comments if it's highlighted and still unchecked. it will do this for english also even if i want it i don't want it at start up. i just want the option to use it if i want to. now if you just copy everything in movie mode it won't force feed the subtitle or audio stream but itwill copy all of them hence taking up more space. which we want to cut down on no?

I've gone to the tutorials and it says if you want to uncheck all the subtitles in main movie to click on the bottom right of thatwindow. If i'm missing something here or just not understanding the guide then please help me. cause i could bet my life that previous versions like fab 4 would not let the subpicture or audio streams highlighted after you un check them. What the heck would you want to force stream an audio or subpicture anyway if u could just do that w/ur remote? is there something here that is connected to the whole decryption process that they implemented this? please explain if u can. I'm tired of using the preview window to make sure director's comments and any other subpictures are not playing bfore i rip and copy. once it's there it's there. thnx.

20. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

The amount used by keeping all the subs is very small. You will not see any quality difference.