1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how long top copy / burn in Dvd fab Platinum/ HOW CAN I SPEED UP

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by realrock, Dec 7, 2007.

1. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Rustbucket 4x burning speed- Good Man! I like the way u burn (I burn at 4x also)

Remember only good media as Taiyo Yudens or Verbs from MIJ if possible.

2. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

@rustbucket

20 min. 4 ripping only? dvdfab platinum rips, and burns my dvds in about 20 min. flat @ 8x. yes the vso is slower, but i'm thinking it might b showing slower speeds than the actual set speed. this i'm not sure about, but the 20 min. i am. i do have my pc set 4 burning. most behind the scenes apps. are disabled as other ones not needed period. also just use the proggies that consume the least space. dvdfab platinum, shrink, and imgburn.

3. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

Yeah, 20 minutes or so. Rip speed is faster than the burn speed the way i have it setup. (if i could slow down the rip to about 4X i'd do it.) Rip speed goes at between 6X to almost 8X on some discs.
    I could reset my speeds and make it faster but why? I don't want it to burn faster than that.
    iluvendo knows what i'm talking about.. I'm not an expert but i've always believed in the slower the burn the less chance for errors-skips.

4. dr_ml422

dr_ml422 Regular member

your set up is great. i was trying to give amir more to go w/as he's definitely taking way too long to back up, and burn. rule of thumb has always been 1/2 the speed of your blank media, and 4x, as well as 8x is usually the recommended course of action. slower is better.