1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XBOX 360 Controller + N64 Project64 Emulator

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by MarkMcKit, Dec 20, 2007.

1. MarkMcKit

MarkMcKit Member

I have an Xbox 360 controller hooked up to my laptop (WinVista) using the charger/USB cable for the controller. I currently am using the emulator Project64 1.6. I went to Microsoft and downloaded the software for my Xbox controller and installed/rebooted successfully.

I then go into Project64 --> Options --> Configure Controller Plugin... --> Game Device (drop down list), and the only thing I get is "None."

I've tried going to: Project64 --> Options --> Settings --> Input (Controller) Plugin --> all the other options. Then back through the original options. Still, I get "None" as a result.

Any advice on how to get my Xbox 360 controller to work with Project64?

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Is your controller wireless? wireless controllers only work with computers if you have the official wireless adapter like I do. Plugging the controller in with the charger cable won't work. However, you can plug in a wired controller and it will work.

3. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

^ Like he stated simply using the play & charge kit does not actually connect it to your PC. Only by getting the "microsoft 360 wireless dongle" will it work.

Im using it right now actually and it works great with almost all games

4. MarkMcKit

MarkMcKit Member

Oohh! Okay, I gotcha now! I've been reading different forums out there and they all say that I can use my charger cable and it would work (but I'll be first to say... it doesn't). So that's what it comes down to then... I have to buy a new controller to play the roms. Okie doke... Thanks!