1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Guide to Gamecube Backup/Booting

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Icemonkey, Dec 12, 2003.

1. account

account Guest

aaaahhhhh had to edit to many people asking
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

ps2 v7 with magic 3.1 (broken)
    ps2 v5/6 with v7 mainboard with dms3
    xbox unmodded right now
    gamecube upstreaming until chip comes out[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2004
  2. Fix_Metal

Fix_Metal Member

mmm everything is set up like it should be. I'll try again later...

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

They are probably fakes account but you can try to burn it I heard something about this with fireburner.I doubt they are real but if you are willing to try it out.You would also need something to load it maybe something like freeloader or action replay they could possibley be used in some way.I still think though if you could make a gamecube iso and get it to play it would still need to be upstreamed from the gamecube from a emulator that hasn't been released yet.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The ISO images you have seen are legit, however, just because they are ISO's does not mean you can burn them to disc. Actually, you can I suppose but the Gamecube still will not not read them as how the Gamecube cannot read ISO standard DVD discs. Part of the problem is that the Gamecube reads outside-in like an old record player or more recently, the Dreamcast.

5. account

account Guest

i was looking around and i did find a couple of files that said how to mod a gamecube with a few wires so that it would read a mini dvd disc but i don't like soldering because i'll probably screw it up so if someone wants then i'll e-mail you the document or ou can find it yourself on the program i used (im not sure if i can put the name of it on here so just pm me)

6. Fix_Metal

Fix_Metal Member

Now I get an error whene I reach 1464Kbytes...It says that I should try again without the internet connection alive. I've already tried that, but it keeps with the error....
    A "Internal socket error" o_O?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2003
  7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

How do you have your network setup on the PC? What cabling are you using? Are you going through a switch or router? What TCP/IP settings are you using and which OS?

8. tresselw

tresselw Member

I have a Belkin 4 port router that I will be connecting the Gamecube to, but everytime I try changing the pc's ip addy, it disconnects my ethernet. Can someone offer me some advice on how to appropriately set up the pc's IP? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

9. Fix_Metal

Fix_Metal Member

well I've got win98SE with all the patches\damn fixes.
    My network adapter is a Via VT6105 Rhine III by Gigabyte. I use a double-shielded crossed cable without any router/hubs;it supports Gigabit ethernet and it has done his job very well until today.
    The Ip address assigned to the network adapter is:
    Subnet mask:

The GC side:
    IP:192.168.1.32
    Subnet mask:
    Default router:
    Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    <empty>

10. account

account Guest

the info i got on moding a gc isn't that good and im not sure what i need to send for those who want it so i'll send everything i got for it

11. Zigma777

Zigma777 Member

Do i need phantasy Star online to steam the games? I already bought a action replay for my gamecube.

12. account

account Guest

yes you do need the game

13. Zigma777

Zigma777 Member

damn, i bought that action replay for GC for nothing. Hopefully there will be a way for ISOs to come out soon. IO guess nintendo has done a superb job with their cd protection. There isnt such a thing as a swap trick or something ;x

14. tora123

tora123 Member

Here's another set of questions: is PSO the only
    broadband-enabled game you can use to establish a
    connection with your computer? Could you use MK:
    Double Dash, for instance?

And a second, perhaps for anyone else listening in: is
    disc ripping/streaming only for windoze at this point in
    time? For Mac/Linux it seems only PSOload has been
    ported...which doesn't actually appear to be part of the
    process were interested in here...so are Mac/Linux users
    out of luck?

There's always the option of running a virtual windoze
    machine on top of the OS, but I wonder if that might
    compound the stream speed issues to make the end
    result unplayable.

And the third: Supposing another broadband-enabled
    game can stand in place of PSO, is this where you
    invision the 10MB/sec barrier being removed? What was
    the improvement you suspected before Christmas, an
    adapter mod or a non-Sega onramp or...?

At any rate, thanks for the comprehensive rundown
    earlier this month. Awesome deal.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  15. Fix_Metal

Fix_Metal Member

I can't say nothing about the first two questions, but the serial port where the bba il plugged in, is limited to a 27mbps data rate. So you can't in all the way make it to 100mbps. This is what has been discovered by some guys @ gcdev.com

bye

16. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have went and looked at a document on burning a gamecube game and I know it is probably fake but if someone could look at it and tell me I would appreciate it.

1) Insert your original in your CD-ROM.
    2) Open CDRWin (or any other image extractor) to make an iso image of the game
    on your hard disc. Click on 'Extract Disc/Tracks/Sectors'
    3) Here are the settings that work for me (!):
    Disc Image/Cue sheet
    File-Format: Automatic
    Reading-Options:
    RAW, CD+G, CD-TEXT and MCN/USRC all Unchecked
    Error Recovery: Ignore
    Jitter Correction: Auto
    Subcode Analyses: Fixed
    Data-Speed: MAX
    Read Retry Count: 10
    Audio Speed: MAX
    Subcode Threshold: 900
    There are a lot of reports, that Raw reading also works, but I had problems with it enabled.
    4) Click on 'Start'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RECORDING TO A DISC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Install Fireburner

2) Double click on the Cue File For The Game
    3) Right Click And select burn To CD
    That’s all there is record DAO, and you can try to burn it fast I burnt them at 2X
    Using PNY Black Diamond CDR'

It looks like it could burn it but still there is no way of booting it so this is really just a waste of time posting what I found huh.Maybe the Action Replay for GameCube could work though if someone has Action Replay or Freeloader it might work but doubt it.Whoever wants to try it out,it is really up to them but don't try to blame me if it doesn't work.It looks fake but I had to go look I really do want to find out how to make a backup of a gamecube game and play it without upstreaming.

17. Fix_Metal

Fix_Metal Member

well as your "tutorial" says,you must put your game in your dvd drive, is this right? with me it stucks my pc. I've tried with 2 dvd-rom drives, so this can't be other than a fake

18. shank69ox

shank69ox Regular member

Icemonkey >>>

What games do you have working okay. Does Viewtiful Joe work good for you. I would like to know. I cant get anything to run even half decent.

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The way to making a Iso you have to use the bba upstream it to your computer.What if you didn't wipe out all the garbage on the game and then burned it is it possible then.I am thinking couldn't there be something hidden in one of those garbage files or is it really just garbage.I went and looked at something also that might help out a Sector viewer that might help out right.I seen it off of http://www.internalreality.com along with XBox tools.I have found a full iso file like account has said it is 1.4 gig something like that alot of gamecube games that are upstreamed are .gcm files right?what if you skipped all of the steps of ripping and just burned it to a mini-dvd.Then tried booting it with Action Replay or Freeloader.Is it possible to get a game to play doing these steps.

20. Fix_Metal

Fix_Metal Member

I've tried with dog tool and with gamecube iso tool. with the first one, it gives me a runtime error (216). with the second one it stucks at 1464kb. TELL ME HOW TO DUMP THIS DAMN MINI DVD I WANT TO TRY IT!!!!!!!