1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung Syncmaster 710v resolution error

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gctes, Jan 18, 2008.

1. gctes

gctes Member

Hi

I've got a Samsung TFT monitor -Syncmaster 710V - that gives an error message.Message reads:

Not optimum mode
    Recommended Mode:
    1280 x 1024 60Hz

This screen is impossible to get rid of. Anyone know the solution? I would be very grateful for a helping hand! Cheers.

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Well, firstly, I believe pressing one of the menu buttons on the monitor will get rid of the message. Also though, why not just set your resolution to 1280x1024? Right click on the desktop (a blank part of it), go to properties, then settings. Then drag the slider until it reaches 1280x1024 (no further) and go OK.

3. gctes

gctes Member

....because the monitor is totally blocked when this happens (No front panel buttons work)and does not work at this resolution.

Any other suggestions?

4. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

its probly a bit late for this but attach a different monitor to it and reset the screen resolution to the recommended? does it display it on the monitor in question?

a further step would be to install remote viewing software such as VNC (obviously this would be a bit difficult if the above suggestion is not possible) and log into it from another PC, thus being able to change the display until you find one that works and live with what ever that is..

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Is your on/off button stuck in? It happened to me, on my 245BW, and none of the other buttons worked. I popped it out with an X-acto knife, and it works like a charm, now.

6. gctes

gctes Member

No it's not the front panel button.

It seems to work fine if I boot up with another monitor and change over once the operating system is running, fully discharging the PSU before turning on the Monitor. Whatever the resolution it always fails to reboot. The error occurs after the Win2000 screen has displayed all the blue dots. Normally a blank blue screen appears and at this point instead,it goes black, after which the error message shows up. I changed the driver to the proper Samsung one but that didn't resolve the prolem either.

Any other ideas?

7. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Have you tried contacting Samsung support? Maybe they know of a specific defect?

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Amazingly enough a member at my LAN party who also has the same monitor has the exact same issue. Unfortunately our tests have diagnosed it as knackered, I think you need to have it replaced.

9. gctes

gctes Member

Knackered?
    Any possibilty of defining the problem area on the circuit board? I have a soldering iron and a tester - dustbin comes much later in the chain of events.

10. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Dustbin? Why don't you just return it?

11. gctes

gctes Member

I got it out of the dustbin!

12. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Oh!

Well I still suggest you contact samsung anyway just to be sure.

13. gctes

gctes Member

OK. I just tried but after spending half an hour filling in the form they said please phone. Will keep trying.

14. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Well yeah that's what I meant. Call them, email customer service is shit anyway.