1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help gta san andreas keep crashing my computer how do i stop it

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by dolimite, Jan 19, 2008.

1. dolimite

dolimite Member

OK everytime I play San Andreas within five minuets I get the blue screen of death so I wanted to know why this was happening and one of the things I did was go to gamespot to see if had the minimum requirements to run the game and this is when they had to say...

Minimum: Pentium III or Athlon equivalent
    You Have: AMD Sempron(tm) 3000+ PASS
    CPU Speed
    Minimum: 1 Ghz
    You Have: 1.99 GHz Performance Rated at 3.00 GHz PASS
    System RAM
    Minimum: 256 MB
    You Have: 447.5 MB PASS
    Operating System
    Minimum: Windows 2000/XP only
    You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS
    Video Card
    Minimum: 64 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card (NVIDIA GeForce 3 or better)
    You Have: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU (GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU) FAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.
    Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 64 MB , You have - 64.0 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes
    Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 1.1 , You have - 0.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)
    Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.7189 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    Sound Card
    Minimum: Yes
    You Have: NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio PASS
    Sound Card Driver Version
    Your driver version number is: 6.14.442.30 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.
    Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 3.6 GB for minimal install
    You Have: 44.7 GB PASS
    DVD
    Minimum: 8X DVD-ROM
    You Have: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

as you can see everything except my videocard was a pass so i should not be able to run this game but i can ...for a short period of time then i get the blue screen. what i want to know is how can my computer fail the test but run the game and then give me the blue screen i mean, if i fail i should not be able to play right. i guess I'm asking if there is anything i can do or download to keep playing the game thanks in advance the help

2. abuzar1

abuzar1 Senior member

Maybe the game gets to a point where you video card can't handle it and crashes.

3. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

I'd agree, the report clearly states your video card is not powerful enough.

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Unfortunately the Geforce 4 MX is not sufficient to play GTA San Andreas. I owned one, and while it was good for its purpose, it can't play games at all. (The Geforce 3 MX is faster). You will need to buy a new graphics card to play San-Andreas.

5. dolimite

dolimite Member

besides that
    because I'm not going to spend $90-$130 to play a five year old game that cost twenty bucks I'll rather wait till my Mom gets another computer you know what i mean i was just saying how can my computer not meet the minimum requments and still run the game and if anybody knew of any tweaks i could do to keep my computer from crashing

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

minimum requirements are for full gameplay. just because you don't have a powerful gfx card doesn't mean it'll run; it'll play until it finally realizes that the specs aren't met. now, some games won't install unless you have the system requirements.

game tweaks will do no good because you're missing a gfx card. it'll still crash.

also, you're not going to get far without spending money on the computer. most prebuilts come with integrated graphics that is good for light gaming. but running integrated graphics will drain your ram, because it gets its memory from the ram.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  7. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Unfortunately, while there are usually tweaks you can use to prevent graphical errors, crashes may be hard. You can try various versions of drivers (including omega drivers).

8. dolimite

dolimite Member

ok cool ya see i'm not a big pc gamer so i'll just wait till mom buys a new one thanks for the help