1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is Patin-Couffin?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by TomKey, Dec 18, 2003.

1. TomKey

TomKey Member

First, I want to thank Shoey and Praetor for their help and information on some of my other questions. And now that I have a bit more knowledge, I'm becoming just that much more dangerous, and so I have yet another question.

In looking into the different CD copying programs and ods, I saw that with BlindWrite there is an additional program called Patin-Couffin. From what I've been able to gather on the Internet, these are some sort of drivers and for the most part, people are asking how to REMOVE them from their computers.

My French is horrible, but lfish was able to translate this as "Shoe-Basket", which doesn't really help.

So what is this Patin-Couffin thing anyway? What does it do? And is it really necessary?

TomKey

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003
  2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

LMAO heehee i never bothered trying to translate haha. Seriously though, Pattin-Couffin is VSO (the company that makes Blindwrtie)'s version of ASPI. It is highly reccommended that you use it.

3. TomKey

TomKey Member

Would you recommend Patin-Couffin over Adaptec's ASPI drivers? I'm currently running v4.71 from Adaptec, but I've downloaded v1.17 of the P-C drivers.

What does having an ASPI driver loaded do?

TomKey

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I would NOT reccommend Patin-Couffin over Adaptec's ASPI IF you are only going to install one or the other.

For purposes of USING blindwrite, use the Pattin-Couffin ASPI. For EVERYTHING ELSE, use Adaptec's ASPI.