1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdmi version identification

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Mazelda, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Mazelda

Mazelda Member

Hi all
    How can I check what version of hdmi cable I have?
    Just got Vir*in to send me a free hdmi cable for it's v+ service but nothing on the cable tells me what version of hdmi it might be the cable is a "HANNSTAR E52534-D the only other info on the cable is 30v 80 deg c tried hannstar website but not much info mostly tv's and monitor info

2. Mazelda

Mazelda Member

3. Mazelda

Mazelda Member

think I may have discovered the reason for the blurry image but if someone can confirm that would be great.
    If a normal broadcast(SD)is being shown you get the slight blurry edges mainly if text is on screen, but if you watch an (HD) program it seems to sharpen up does this sound correct this only happens when you watch through the hdmi cable

4. cheezzzz

cheezzzz Regular member

When viewing HD, HDMI and component should be the same (I prefer component for its better color saturation but that's just me) SD will look like crap but then again depends on the tv.

5. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Are you sure it's actually an HDMI cable? I did a search on "E52534-D" and the results came back as a firewire cable.

6. Mazelda

Mazelda Member

Don't know for certain it is an hdmi cable it certainly has the connections at either end but can't see the company that sent it as a free cable, giving away anything more than they have to, so you may well be right about it being firewire. Am going to bite the bullet and get one thats definatly 1.3a just thought would wait and see what they sent on the off chance it was ok

7. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

The firewire cable is going to be a little smaller at the ends then the HDMI cable.

[​IMG]

Firewire cable.

[​IMG]

HDMI cable.

8. Mazelda

Mazelda Member

Thanks for all the info just recieved a proper hdmi 1.3a cable and the cable is a bit thicker so looks like they did use a firewire cable
    Maz