1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best torrent downloader to use?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by rtman85, Mar 24, 2008.

1. rtman85

rtman85 Guest

I'm looking for a better torrent downloader to use?

Currently using BitTornado - getting max speed of about 40-45 kbs download speed - my internet connection - 6.5 mbs.

Tried BitLord as well but even worse speed.

Please help?

2. Rustbuket

Rustbuket Member

Your max speed.. Are you dl'ing a well seeded torrent? Did you do the reg edit with EvID4226Patch? It allows your computer to handle more connections. Handy tool, easy to use. Changes your default from 10 to whatever # you want. Try setting it at 100. Google it to check it out. You can also use it to reset your default back to 10 with that tool..
    Azureus is a pretty cool tool i've seen my max isp speed with it before. It depends on the seeds. I also get the speeds that you've posted too.. it just depends.

3. rtman85

rtman85 Guest

Hi

Are you dl'ing a well seeded torrent? - Yes

Did you do the reg edit with EvID4226Patch? - No
    I don't understand what you said this does?

Same with Azureus.

Do you think these will improve my download speed?

Cheers

4. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Azureus is a bittorrent client just as BitTornado and BitLord are.

The two most popular bittorrent clients are Azureus and uTorrent.
    uTorrent is small and easy on system resources.
    Azureus is larger and uses more memory, but has additional features.

In order to get good download speed on any bittorrent client you must clear it through your software firewall and, if you have one, router.

You must also adjust your upload speed in the client to 80% of your overall upload speed (measured by test, not by ISP advertised speed).

You should not use a port in the 6881-6999 range and preferably one in the unassigned 49152-65534 range.

5. rtman85

rtman85 Guest

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the info but I don't realy understand what you mean?
    I'd really need step by step instructions as I've never done this kind of thing before?

I'm going to try Azureus anyway.

Thanks

6. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

Azureus is my preferred choice, although I also use uTorrent.

If you have further questions, it would be best to post in the AfterDawn P2P Software Forum.

I, and other knowledgeable people, will be happy to help with any issues you have.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  7. abcleaner

abcleaner Member

I used to use bitcomet gettinag a max of about 250kn from my 2mb connection. But after buying a netgear router bitcomet stopped working, i tried port forwarding and all other associated methods with no success. I tried utorrent and found that it is a simple but reliable application which is also easy to set up.

It is also important to remeber that your download speed is proportional to your upload speed, this is easy to configure in utorrent, all you have to enter is the speed of your internet connection.

Also, the speed of a torrent also depends on the number of seeds (people who already have the files) and leechers (people who are currently downloading the file) Generally, a torrent with more seeders results in a higher download speed.

Hope this helps

8. rtman85

rtman85 Guest

Cheers for the info guys.... Appreciated.

I'd better post in the P2P Forum now.... Didn't notice it before.

.......End...........