1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs got erased form my itunes library. what do i do now????

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by NicoleBP, Mar 28, 2008.

1. NicoleBP

NicoleBP Member

recently all my songs got deleted from my itunes library. so i called the support team people and they werent much help. they told me to use a third party team. now what is that supposed to mean, idk. Idk what to use or what to do. i need help please.

2. Leningrad

Leningrad Regular member

You will need a retriever program, if you have a ipod the music is still safe. Retriver programs include songbird and Yamipod. Good lucK!!!!

Regards,

Leningnrad

3. NicoleBP

NicoleBP Member

so i just have to download one or the other and they will show me all the steps i have to take and everything?

4. Me79

Me79 Member

Hi Sorry

I had to get my windows reinstalled as i had a virus so i have tried these programs but i'm not sure how i actually use them has anyone got a step by step giude of how to back up everything from my ipod so i can put it back on to my itunes without losing any tunes or videos?? I'm be so grateful!!

Thank you loads

Dumb blonde!! xxx

5. Mez

Mez Active member

If you have a PC you can simply copy them back out. They are in a hidden folder called control. itunes turns the file names into garbage to further confuse you but the music is there in those wacky folders with garbage names. Since itunes does not use the file names you will not lose much.

All you need to do in use file explorer, go to tools -> folder options -> View under the files and folder setting there is a setting for hidden folders and files. Turn it on (show hidden files and folders)
    then on the left hand side of the explorer view expand the computer node. Find your ipod then expand it (the + sign). Copy the folder to your hard drive. Then turn off (show hidden files and folders).
    Lastly, go into itunes and add the folder to your library and you are done when itunes is finished adding the music to the library. The songs will look normal.

6. sudan2008

sudan2008 Guest

I have same trouble.
    Your post help me, very thank!

7. barcadero

barcadero Guest

you can mannually copy them from your ipod to your computer, or you can try a third party tool to do it for you. the advanteage of a third party tool is it grabs stuff like playlists, photos, etc as well.

I like this for ipod to itunes transfer

it will transfer your sutff directly back into iTunes