1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need firmware for TS-H552D GA01 (GATEWAY)!

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by nobrainz, Apr 2, 2008.

1. nobrainz

nobrainz Guest

I need the firmware for the TS-H552D (Samsung) badly. However it must be the Gateway OEM version (GA01). If someone has this can you post a link here -- needed urgently!

Also, if someone has this drive with the firmware -- is there a way to backup (rip) the firmware so it can be posted? I am desperate. My DVD-RW is bricked until I get the correct firmware on it!

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Have you tried Gateway's site?

3. nobrainz

nobrainz Guest

Yes. And Gateway support -- and Smasungodd.com, etc... Cannot find ANYWHERE.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Then, no new firmware exists for that burner.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  5. nobrainz

nobrainz Guest

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Talk to whoever, at Gateway, told you to install that firmware, which looks like firmware for an older drive.

7. Demonic1

Demonic1 Member

I used to work for eMachines, which is the same company as Gateway. This was 3 years ago now but I'll try to remember as many details as I can.

The original firmware was flawed horribly and we actually held a staff meeting on it where we were informed to direct users either to flash the firmware themselves or to have the users remove the drive and return it on RMA. I'm not sure if your system is still in warranty or not and honestly since I don't work there anymore I don't care. But the firmware link you listed was the right one we were told to flash to. I do recall that there was quite a few times(most of them) that the firmware didn't take and we ended up RMAing the drive anyway.

Just for some clarification the GA series firmware were OEM and the TS were Retail. Here is linkage to all 12 versions of the Retail firmware, Gateway doesn't make archived versions of OEM firmware available. http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firmware/SingleModel.aspx?DriveId=969

Although I'm sure your drive is borked ...

8. vdp

vdp Member

Hello, i need this firmware also. I been having the exact same problems and have been looking online for about 3 house and can't find anything. The stuff i do find is people with the same problem as me, it will read/write cd-r but won't read dvd-rw, but for some reason it does read my data dvd-rw which has a couple of text documents. But i am unable to burn any short of video on my dvd-rw

9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Is there any part of Demonic1's post that you misread?