1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tsmuxer non-standard resolution mkv to blu-ray conversion

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by scienc30, Jun 2, 2008.

1. odin24

odin24 Regular member

This might be a stretch, but when you mux with mkvmerge are you specifying fps? I am pretty sure unless specified mkvmerge assumes the source film is 25fps. Maybe try setting the FPS to 24000/1001.

2. socal500

socal500 Member

Thanks for that suggestion. That is actually the last thing I tried before posting here and it did not fix the problem.

3. socal500

socal500 Member

Disregard my previous statment about having tried this. I tried this someplace else but not in mkmerge. I see the space for FPS but it is grayed out so not sure how I would make that change.

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

My problem is converting from 1280x688 to a 1280x720 or 1920x1080 that my Philips Player will recognize

5. scienc30

scienc30 Member

Wow, this is an old thread!

Look at post #4 in this thread. You can use Avisynth to resize the video. Read up on Avisynth at: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page

6. mudstuff

mudstuff Member

Very old indeed. I never resolved my problem either, don't know if anything exists now?

As scienc30 says to rick5446, you can convert but I had been hoping for an easier way to patch the file so the player believed it was the correct resolution.

I just played the files on my laptop instead and plan to get a htpc at some point. I now have a Denon bluray player though I suspect it will be the same and want exactly 1280x720 or 1920x1080.

I used to use SVCD patch to change the header of an mpeg2 file to DVD resolution, make a menu and author the VOB files. Then I'd patch them back to their original resolution and burn the disc.

Such a shame nothing appears to exist for HD or people don't rip including the bars to maintain resolution.

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Read post #4 :If you're using a PS3 you'll be OK without resizing, if you want to use a stand alone player then yes, you'll need to resize.

I can't find a thing at http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page
    about resizing

8. scienc30

scienc30 Member

9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

scienc30 : Don't understand or just can't comprehend all that.
    isn't their a simpler way of telling or showing me hoe to create a 1280x720. I'm not stupid, just not tech savie
    I don't understand a thing on those pages

10. coolguy1

coolguy1 Member

I am still not sure how to resize MKV video to correct resolution so it can play on PS3.

On my PS3, once muxed through TSMUXER, I still get green bar at the bottom and video is compressed to top.

PLS HELP!

11. defuentes

defuentes Member

It's easy use a tool called uncropMKV; look for it on the internet you should find it fast and it's ultra easy to use, should do the trick!.

I'm still struggling to convert from 25fps to 24 fps without losing audio/video sync tough.

Cheers.

12. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Are you re-encoding the audio and slowing down to match the change in video duration?