1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I hook up a DSL line? Outside to inside

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by yzrider22, Jun 4, 2008.

1. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

K my Cuz ordered a Dsl setup, the phone guy stopped by hooked up a seperate line for the dsl,But he did not hook any wires up to the screws in the box where phone line goes.He left a phone cord with 4 wires,Orange,Orange and white,Blue and white and blue .

How do I hook these up for her Dsl to work? I have gotten a dial tone by hooking up Blue to red in the box,and orange to the green screw in the box,still have no DSL tho.The modems Data light never comes on,the internet light works and so does the connection light.I have tried this by using the spliter plug he left and also by running it straight to the modem,any ideas I should would apperciate it.Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

It's been my experience that if you listen for dial tone on an unfiltered DSL line you should hear a high pitched tone over the dial tone - that's the indication that it is a DSL line.

3. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Tell the phone guy to come back and finish the job he started.

4. yzrider22

yzrider22 Regular member

Well I got it figured out.The brand new eithernet/usb Cable was bad.I took one of my eithernet cables there in hooked it up,soon as it did the data light came on,seconds later I had a ip addy in was online.