1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASUS CROSSHAIR

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by rick5446, Jul 16, 2008.

1. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Ive GOT This (ASUS CROSSHAIR) mobo when I first turned it on it worked. Turned it off and it would not power back up, checked the manual and found on board Power-on switch, it started OK. Turned it off again, and now can't even get on board switch to work. Does this sound like a board problem or what

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2008
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

You mentioned diagnostic LEDs that only appear when there is a problem of some kind. Does the manual or Asus site say anything about those?

3. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

No not really their just a bunch of red Diodes that light up so U can see all your Board. They really don't have a function

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The way I see it, if you haven't changed anything, for something to suddenly not work means something's at fault. It could either be the PSU or the board. Try a different PSU first as it's the easier component to swap out. If no luck, RMA the board.

5. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

I got to thinking it might be like a circuit breaker. I'm running a shit load of stuff off a 4 outlet box.. I haven't had any problems yet today, I'm just gonna let him take it home and see if the problem still occurs THANKS THOUGH

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

If a circuit breaker had tripped, I wouldn't think any power would go to the board, and if I'm right in thinking, no motherboard lights up when it has no power at all. It will have to at least have 5VSB power from the PSU.

7. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Everything your saying is true ! I really don't know, I do know if a breaker goes out on a house U don't lose power everywhere. You would really have 2 see the specs on the Brd, me I just don't know how to understand them.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Not owning a crosshair motherboard I wouldn't know for sure. What PSU does the system containing this board have?

9. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

It's got an Enermax 620

10. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Should be decent enough, but do you have another unit to test with, just in case? At the moment I'm thinking faulty motherboard.

11. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

No that's the only one of its kind in this neighborhood . So far it's doing great, DVD Shrink was ripping over 2,000, Like I said earlier ConvertX, converted Meet the Browns in about 15min 100+fps, where as my 2.6 does 80's fps. Nvidia and U Torrent don't seem to like each other, U Torrent pops up with might crash due to conflict but it hasn't happened yet. Any way thanks 4 your concern, got go and get back 2 work. I'll Write (talk) atcha later

12. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

So you got it working again? I'm a little confused...

13. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Well don't fell alone, I'm confused 2. The only thing I can figure is I unplugged everything Then just plugged it back up. Who knows, it might even be a female Computer, and U know how tempermantal women are..HaHaa

14. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Most 'machines' tend to be female... I think perhaps that was a get-around for when they don't behave! lol