What should I say to this girl I like?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gishtien, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gishtien

gishtien Member

During the summer while I was at work this girl would stop by with her mother. I thought she was the most prettiest girl I've ever seen and I don't even think she noticed me. But I work at another place now so I don't see her. Then when school started I noticed her in the hallway. I've asked almost everyone and no one seems to know her. I would without hesitation go up and talk to her but I only see her while we're going to our next class. I guess she does notice me now cause I saw her at tacojohns once and when she looked at me she gave me a smile and one time in the hall I was with a friend and I saw her and gave her a smile and she gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen her with. My friends say that it would just be akward to just turn around and walk and talk with her cause shes probably in a hurry. But I was thinking saying something like "hey I was just wanting to say hi to you" then ask for her name, but then would it just be best to maybe wait a couple days before I ask her if she'd like to hang out or something? When I try talk to a girl I think I go to fast and now I don't want to mess this up.

2. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

be yourself, be kind and warm when talking to her, don't come on to strong. talk about simply things like school, friends, thing you have in common like music, sports etc. people both of you know ,your family stuff like that. don't put if off find the right time and talk to her if its not a good time for her asked her when it would be.

damn i feel like doctor Phil lol

good luck!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Well Dr. ZoSo, you gave this young man some sound advice. I think you might have found yourself a new career!!

4. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

lol man well at 50 years old its called life experience or on the job training

5. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Dr Zo gives great advice IMHO

6. gishtien

gishtien Member

Well now we're gonna go bowling and we get along pretty well, but now I have to meet her dad before anything happens and this is my first time doing this so do I just act like myself, give him a firm handshake,and ask if I can take his daughter bowling?.

Continued here - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/711707

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  7. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Well, most of the dad's I had met, they liked to size up their daughters potential date. He may just want to see how you are. I'm pretty sure his daughter has mentioned you to him. Greeting him with a firm handshake is a good idea. Don't forget to mind your manners. I used to talk to the dad's as if I was still in the service,'yes sir', 'no sir', good posture.

You can tell him that you plan on taking her bowling, let him know where at, if any friends will be there, and if you plan on going to eat later. If it's at night, you can ask him what time he expects you to bring her home.

If you do get the chance, don't forget to greet her mother and also be polite. Being nice to her, may bring her on your and your date's side, even tho she may already be.

Any other questions, Dr. Phil....I mean Brother ZoSo will be able to answer them!!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  8. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yes be yourself with dad be calm,confident in yourself and you will be fine. have fun bowling and remember good hygiene before you go out with her lol

9. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

And to add to this, a haircut (conservative, clean cut look) and a shave will do the trick. Don't forget a bunch of flowers for your date and her mom. The flowers need not be expensive, from the grocery store will be fine. But make sure your date gets the bigger bunch.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

hehehehe.. only bloke who ever gave my mum flowers got a black eye for his troubles.

Just be yourself, warts and all. Nothing comes across worse than somebody trying to put on a "respectable and responsible" act.. Last thing you want to appear is some sort of stiff.. obviously if you are some chav gangster then tone it down a bit, but don't be that scared.. Only parents.. you have some too, and you know how easy they see right through you most of the time. Just be the teenager you are and don't be so worried and on top about it.

Just thought you should see a mothers view on guys and daughters ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2008
  11. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

This is all great advice, but rarely followed by yours truly. I find it better in the long run to come across as rude and potentially dangerous at first. That way, i keep the bar low. Then, you can only go up. If you start out nice and charming the first time you screw up you get knocked down a peg.

Start low, then you can inch your way up. It's more fun that way.

...ok ok. I'm just kidding. Lol. The advice given here is pretty straight up and honestly the best way to go.

Key thing is to just be you. Dad's can usually smell fake a mile away, and fake typically means there is something to hide. Be you, be real and all will be fine.

12. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

I've got to agree with varnull here :)

I would guess I'm about the same age as you by the sounds of it, gishtien. And "custom" may be a bit different in the US (I live in the UK) but I think the same things should roughly apply.

Been going out with my girlfriend for coming on 8 months now and I remember when i first met her parents; I was scared the whole day (I was going to go to her house after school) so you're not alone. Acting naturally definitely does do the trick, there was a firm handshake with her Dad involved but it was all rather informal, and I get on with her parents fine, though I can't say I actually see her Mum too often (she's usually out driving kids somewhere when I'm round as my girlfriend has two younger brothers that visit friends lots, and none of them live in the same town/village).

I'm quite a shy person in general so I don't make too much conversation when I'm around her parents, but I've never actually found it awkward, just act naturally towards them and you'll do fine :)

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Best thing you can do:

http://www.friendzoned.com/
    Start reading.

It's run by the admin of a car enthusiast forum I belong to, and it definitely provides better advice than what you'll get on a site full of nerds and violent, angry women. :p

14. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Hey Auslander

what's wrong with you? I don't think that's very nice? Since when are we all nerds and violent angry women?

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

Hence the " :p " that denotes me joking. ^.^ But honestly, that site is a great resource for dating tips. It helped me improve my success rate, and it would work for this fellow, too.

16. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I'm sure this guy will be fine. He's already asked her out and she's agreed to go, so he's halfway there.

17. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

yeah his good to go with my perfect advice lol.

BTW NO flowers are necessary if your just going bowling, save that for down the road if things go well and you're doing something special

18. varnull

varnull Guest

Just make sure to check first that her father isn't the local pharmacist or barber if you need "supplies" hehehehehe..

BTW.. I think it's quite complimentary being called violent and angry.. that's an understatement! Freddy Kruger got nothin on me XD

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

You know I love you, Jan. :)

20. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Auslander, what a site !!!

You da man !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.