1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Essentials download

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by wagtail, Oct 20, 2008.

1. wagtail

wagtail Member

Where can I get a replacement copy of Nero 7 Essentials for my HP 1040 e DVD burner. I lost my copy and I tried downloading a copy of Nero 9 and it was a nightmarE: too large of a file, difficult to download AND install, and then it would not work.

2. cleanface

cleanface Guest

Go to Amazon.

3. wagtail

wagtail Member

But here is the problem with Amazon. I own my original copy of Nero Essentials 7 that came with my DVD burner, but the supplied serial number which allows downloading is a 30 day trial number. I have tried to extend the usage, but the Nero website only allows updating to Nero 9 (which I've had problems with) and won't allow downloading Nero 7. I can't tell if the new and used copies of Nero 7 at Amazon are new copies with full licensing rights or copies of the limited (30 day) usage discs. Any thoughts?

4. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

"Any thoughts?" - wagtail

A few. But these are the ones I'll share. Either buy the damn thing or use some of the freeware mentioned on this forum. Most of them do the same things...only better. Also, "owned" software doesn't come with a trial serial key.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  5. wagtail

wagtail Member

I tried Imgburn and could not get it to VD burner. That's why I am back to Nero 7 Essentials, as it did work initially. And the postings on Amazon don't always make clear if the software being sold is "owned" or not, as I have ended up with some "bundled" product before without being informed.

6. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Just post your video and burning problems and we will help you with 100% freeware.

7. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  8. wagtail

wagtail Member

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate your time and effort. I was finally able to burn my AVI files that I had on a CD-R (in my laptop) to my outboard HP DVD. But now I can only burn 3 files (110 MB) of video at a time because I consistently get a message when I push the burn icon that I don't have enough space to store the temporary files for the video. And even though I DO have 810 MB on hard drive C, it will only allow 110 MB of video to be burned at one time. I have 36 GB freed up on my D drive, but I can't get the Nero program to choose the D drive instead of the C drive for these temporary files.

It seems I would be better off not having my drive on my Sony VAIO PCG-K23 partitioned into C and D (this is a 60 GB laptop), but I can't figure out how to repartition and I seem to remember that if I do repartition, it wipes the drives clean to accomplish this.

I've even tried moving some files from C to D to make room, but I have found this is not without hazard either. Once I moved the Adobe file, I couldn't read my previously downloaded documents unless I dragged them on top of the Adobe Reader file. Again, thanks so much for the help and I would appreciate any ideas you have for me on this.

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Yeah, you need to free up some more space to burn bigger files, try deleting unused files or use windows cleanup to see if you can free up some extra space in your temporary files and the such.

10. wagtail

wagtail Member

But why can't I get the Nero software to use the D drive, where there is room for bigger files, instead of using the C drive, which is nearly full. The Nero software is on the D drive as well, with plenty of space for storing files.

I did discover that if I checked the "burn at once" box, the files could be burned without storing to my laptop.