1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R4 Card---Loading...!!!...forever Tried everything

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Tone255, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Tone255

Tone255 Member

Hi,

I have DS lite and a new R4 card with a sandsk 2 gb card, i never recived a CD with the lit but have managed to get the files i need from sites and this forum, however still cant get it to work, i have treid diffferant cards and tried several differant versions of the firmware and file stucture...even tried a tutorial on you tube... very frustrating !

Please anyone help !

2. elbald90

elbald90 Member

im having the same problem and this is the third card ive bought and ive never had a problem with the other 2 the version ive got is the r4sdhc any ideas greatly appreciated

3. ezzzy

ezzzy Member

you need to firstly download R4DS V 1.18 and also R4SDHC V1.25 English.Follow this link
    http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

Then set up your R4 card as normal using the R4DS V 1.18.
    After doing this extract all the info from R4SDHC V 1.25 into the root directory ( extract directly to the drive letter).Say yes to all when asked about replacing files.When you have done this it will work just fine.
    Both my boys using them now with no problems
    Took me a while to sort out as only ever bought original R4 cards and not these SDHC ones but once you get the right info on they work fine.
    Please post to let me know how you get on

Ta
    Ezzzy

4. atomic22

atomic22 Member

not all firmware versions work (that you manage to dowload at microspeed) but sdhc version 1.21 seems to work everytime

5. elbald90

elbald90 Member

thanks for the reply but got it working shortly after my original post using firmware version 1.22 works like a dream now and have since bought three more for friends

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  6. sasha1970

sasha1970 Member

This worked a treat,so thanks. Was having trouble with my card untill i followed this guide.

7. woof811

woof811 Regular member

i think the problem with the r4ds now is that there are that many copies , fakes and clones all with different firmware that it makes it so frustrating to set up .

personally i wouldnt buy any of the different versions of r4ds , i would rather buy one of the more supported flashcarts ie m3ds real , cyclods evo , supercard sd one , acekard or edge ds .

they all have regular firmware updates , very good build quality and support sdhc memory .

woof811.

ps. in the past ive bought at least 30 original r4ds for friends and family but sadly they arent supported now as the last original firmware was v1.18 months ago .

8. bboy1

bboy1 Regular member

you've just got to make sure you use the firmware from the site that's on the sticker of the r4 sdhc. other sites won't work

9. shade49

shade49 Member

I've been reading through all your answers as i have the same problem.I've downloaded more firmware than games.trying one then formatting card then another. To no avail..... anymore ideas anybody...I'm switching to m3 but I hate anything electronic to beat me....