1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Stools,

Once your in the Link, just click on the download for English, this should get you going.

I have not had any trouble with the SD card. Sometimes when the card is placed inside the R4, the DS does not recongnise it all the time. Just take the card out and place back in, it should be Ok.

If anyone requires the files, let me know (even if its a personal message)and I can send them across.

Pugg

2. Stools

Stools Member

Thanks Pugg,
    I think i will take you up on your offer of sending the 1.22 version through. I've now tried 1.23,1.24,1.25 with no luck at all. It's worth a try :)
    I'm still getting stuck on the "Loading" screen.
    I tried taking the card out and in and it made no difference...
    How do we do the exchanging of file?

Regards
    Cheyenne

3. shamster

shamster Member

Hi guys once more...

One thing i noticed last night is that when the loading screen comes up, i am now seeing a red light on my ds. If i take out the card while in the loading screen the light goes to green and when i put it back it goes to red...

No luck on firmware download yet.

4. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

Stools,

Send me your email address (place it on Private, so other do not get to see) and ill add the files.

Anyone else that requires the files, please do the same.

Pugg

5. TheDonDon

TheDonDon Member

Hi Puggwash,

Help, I too have bought one of these for a friend for her daughter's Christmas and I can't get it going.

Can I beg for your to send me the 1.22 stuff as well please?

Don

P.S. I'll post my e-mail in private when I find out how!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  6. TheDonDon

TheDonDon Member

Puggwash,

You are without a doubt, Sirius.
    That is, a star of the first order of magnitude.

Halleluja!!! - I'm saved. A happy friend and a happy friend's daugher on Christmas day!!!

Unpacked the 1.24 version straight on to the 2gb SD (non-HD)card (FAT32).

Instant success.

Your speed of response was mind boggling.

I have these versions saved now and so am happy along with Puggwash to send them out if anyone else has a problem.

Yeeehhhaaaa!!!!

Don

7. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

The DonDon,

Many thanks for the comments passed, great to know you are now a happy person.

Anyone else that seems to be having trouble with anything to do with their DS systems, let me know and I will try to help.

Many Thanks

Pugg.

8. iHobbit

iHobbit Guest

Hi, I also had 'Program Loading Screen' problems - but i followed the instructions from Puggwash and now it works fantastically!

I couldn't get the firmware version he says - but i got the newer v1.25 from the r4sdhc.com website and it works. Here is the link: http://www.r4sdhc.com/soft/english2/English-1.25.rar (if it comes up 'service unavailable' keep hitting your refresh button, it may take 20 refreshes but you'll get through in the end!)

As Puggwash says, one you extract the zipped up files copy them to your sd card, add a new folder named games and save your game files in there - then plug into your ds and have fun!

I am VERY new to this, and managed to get it sorted - its not as hard or confusing as it seems, stay calm and follow instructions from Puggwash... oh, and merry xmas :)

9. Jen_LT

Jen_LT Member

Hey guys. This thread must be a huge annoyance now.
    Well i have the same problem, but a little bit different.
    I've done exactly what's been said, and it does work.
    Although when i turn it off, and back on, it's back to the same never ending loading screen.
    I have tried a couple of different versions as well.
    I'd take it back but i don't get the full refund so i'm determined to get this thing fixed!
    eeep, any suggestions?

10. george633

george633 Member

Hi folks ok i got my r4 sdhc today same bloody error, however mayve ive been lucky what i done after an hour of messing about was to download the sdch firmware English-1.24 format in 16 bit mode drag all the files over boot that sucka up, slight pause on loading then kicked in, i feel for you guys as this is a right pain in the arse i know :(

11. george633

george633 Member

Also if anyone has a direct link to 1.25 for the r4 sdhc ver please.

12. george633

george633 Member

I have 1.25 now, if you cant get it id gladly email to anyone.

*email removed*

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  13. Stools

Stools Member

All you guys are SOOOO lucky to get this thing to work. I've tried everyone's advise, in some case 4 times with different cards, s/w, devices to copy the files to the SD card etc and no luck.
    I now think i have a faulty R4 card? I've contacted the distributor to ask for a replacement so will see how i go.....
    Thanks for everyone's help...
    Cheers
    Cheyenne

14. george633

george633 Member

is it the ver 2 card sdhc version? orange pic on box does it say new in orange star background

15. smoky1999

smoky1999 Member

HEEEEEEELP I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF SOME HELP I UPDATED MY KERNAL AND NOW MY DS DISPLAYS THE LOADING SECRREN I HAVE FORMATTED MY 2 GB CARD TO FAT AND RE LOADED ON KERNAL AND MY GAMES FILE AND IT STILL SAYS LOADING I HAVE THE R4 SUPER CARD WICH IS THE R4 REVOULTION 3 THIS IS NOW DOING MY HEAD IN I HAVE TRIED ALMOST ALL THE KERNALS THAT HAVE EVER BEEN MADE FOR THE DS CARD AND STILL NOTHING BUT THE LOADING SCREEN PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIX THIS PROBLEM BE FOR I END UP GOING MAD I LOST MY OTHER R4 CARD I HAVE A MARS CARD BUT MY BOYFRIEND KEEPS STALING IT AND NOW HE CAN PLAY GAMES BUT I CANT CAN SOMEONE ALSO HELP ME GET A 8GB MICRO SDHC TO WORK IN MY SUPER CARD MANY THANKS SMOKY

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  16. Ownage248

Ownage248 Member

puggwash can you send me the files plz im currently stuck on the loading thing even though ive downloaded games so should i chose v1.22 instead of v1.25

17. Ownage248

Ownage248 Member

hey man i need some help basically i think ive downloadede all the normal r4 stuff not the r4sdhc and now that their websites blocked i cant do that. can you give me all the insturction will i have to download the games again? p.s. i have ds lite

18. Ownage248

Ownage248 Member

plus this is one of my main queries how many gb do i need minimum cos i have a 2gb so should it work?

19. Ownage248

Ownage248 Member

no worries all i think ive done it thanks cos i was using the wrong kernel not the sdhc ty alot. by the way v1.22 worked for mei just downloaded that opened the file when you see those 4 files extract them to the usb just like you save the kernel to the usb then make a folder call it games download your games in there and your done by the way download winRAR cos when you open the files it should go there then extract im willing to help but i dont know alot

20. Puggwash

Puggwash Member

To all those who are still having trouble with loading files to their Sd card and not getting it to work.

If you send a private message to me, I will try to help you as many other have done and are now happy bunny's.

Tell me which DS you have and what issues you are having and ill try to help to fix.

To all out there.
    Merry Christmas & have a great DS new Year.

Pugg