1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDSL R4 SDHC 2GB/4GB Loading Screen (**NO Email posting or banned**)

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by shamster, Dec 2, 2008.

1. jskmcc

jskmcc Member

hi i am having same probs as u all i bought an r4 sdhc card and a lexar 8gb micro sd card and i just dont know what to do i dont know where time or date is to try that please can someone help me as i dont have a clue although my normal r4 card is fine this i cannot work thanks

2. ssdhillon

ssdhillon Guest

jskmcc - the date will fix your problem !!!

What to do:
    1. switch off the DS
    2. take out the R4 SDHC card out of your DS
    3. switch on the DS and
    4. press the start button - you should see a clock and calender
    4. use the scroll arrows and click on the settings icon at the bottom of the screen and Press A
    5. click on the clock and calender icon and adjust to todays date
    6. save and then quit/shutdown
    7. place the R4 disc back

All should now work - good luck

3. foxview

foxview Member

Hi, I have a R4 SDHC with a sandisk 8gb card, am currently using firmware version 1.25 but am now having problems playing newly released games, is there a new firmware available anywhere? Any help appreciated already spent several days looking at this.

Thanks

4. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Hi foxview if your getting a message like "can't find save file" when you try and load them then you need to search the web for a program called DSLAZY.

5. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

Sorry foxview I put up the wrong error message in previous post.
    If your getting the message "The save data could not be accessed. Please turn the power off and reinsert the DS Card."
    Then the DSLAZY program will sort you out.

6. zxphantom

zxphantom Member

hey im kinda new here so can anyone help me? i used a 2gb lexar SD card when i got my original r4. i wanted a bigger capacity so i got a pny 4gb SD card. i transferred all my stuff, but its stuck on the loading screen. i discovered that it wasn't the r4 card, but the SD card. i formatted it and and evrything, but it still doesnt work. plz help.

7. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

To the best of my knowledge the original R4 (has 'R4 Revolution for DS' on the front of it) has a max card size of 2Gb.

8. leelawwr

leelawwr Member

Hi
    Hope someone can help... I'm about to pull my hair out...
    I've bought an R4i SDHC Card with an 8GB Scandish Micro SD card. I have tried every version of firmware possible with no success, all i am getting when i put the card in the DSL is the "loading" screen...can anyone advise or help as to what software i should be using???
    thanks so much
    ll.

9. Moradim

Moradim Member

Hello Pugg,

I have sent you a private message explaining my problem and all the technical information I could think to include.

I also included my email address in the private message.

Please get back to me at that email address when you get the chance. I have read through 18 pages of this thread and I am currently trying the very last option I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks for your time, in reading your posts I see that you're a fantastic person it's great to see someone who cares that much about helping other people!

I hope to hear from you soon.

10. joenq9652

joenq9652 Guest

hi Pug,
    I have sent you a PM, hope you reply to me to help me. Anyway, I have:

- Nintendo DS Lite Console
    - R4 SDHC (Upgrade) Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) bought from memorybits.co.uk
    - Kingston 4GB microSD card

I have tried to format the microSD card using Panasonic formater software and the following firmware versions:

- R4 Eng v1.08b -> boot up ok, loaded game & got msg "Application halted... refer..."
    - R4 Eng v1.08b -> boot up ok, loaded game & got same msg "Appli..."
    - R4 III -> same msg "Appli..."
    - R4 New v 1.24 -> not working, cannot boot, only saw "Menu?" on scrn
    - R4 v 1.25 -> not working, cannot boot, only saw "Menu?"
    - R4SDHC v1.5 --> not working, can't boot
    - even tried English 2.0 R4i -> can't boot, got "Loading..." hang forever

What else should I try, please help. thanks a lot

11. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

12. joenq9652

joenq9652 Guest

==> SOLVED IT BY MYSELF. EASY SOLUTION THOUGH ITS NOT THE BEST BUT AT LEAST EVERYTHING WORKS FINE NOW. ALL THE ROM GAMES PLAY WONDERFUL, NOT THE FIRMWARE, NOT THE FORMAT, NOT THE MEMORY.

IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS MINE, LET ME KNOW, I'LL SHOW YOU. ITS VERY SIMPLE. FOR NOW, I'LL BE LEAVING THE FORUM BECAUSE I DON'T SEE ANY FURTHER HELP FOR MY CASE. I TRIED EVERY SOLUTION HERE BUT NONE CAN HELP IN MY PARTICULAR CASE. FOR NOW, I'M HAPPY WITH WHAT I FOUND.

GOOD LUCK GUYS

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  13. KKSWiSS

KKSWiSS Member

hey pugg can you help me im a little lost i got R4-i English v1.09b update but dont know where to put it can you help?

14. KKSWiSS

KKSWiSS Member

15. leelawwr

leelawwr Member

Hi pjmorie
    Thanks for your help, I tried that but it didnt work, still getting the loading screen on NDSL... :-(
    Really fed up with this at this stage... I've tried everything and every kernel without success...
    LL

16. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

joenq9652 - Let's please not abuse that poor CAPS LOCK button in future.

17. msliz74

msliz74 Member

i tried everything then finally just formatted the 2gb kingston (sp?) card to FAT not FAT32 and downloaded the v1.25 from R4SDHC.com. Copy all 5 files into your card. The step by step instructions dont say all 5 only 4 of them! :) make <games> folder, put ROMS in it.

works perfectly now.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  18. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I have just bought an R4 myself, and whilst awaiting for it to arrive i've been researching a little on the firmware updating side of things. Basically i have now updated my kids' R4's from 1.21 to 1.25 and the music function now works (didn't work before), it seems that whoever set the cards up previously hadn't installed Moonshell, so now i know what Moonshell is for :)
    Anyways, I found and saved firmware versions 1.21 thru 1.25 from here ~ http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ (though i only installed 1.25) and all seems fine. My kids' cards are 'R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)' cards and are genuine SDHC, still a clone card by all accounts but the better ones, i guess the reason so many people in this thread are having problems is due to the sheer number of versions/clones/fakes of the R4 (and other types of) cards..

To tidy up the root directory of the cards i created a Games and a Music folder (as neither existed previously - card worked fine without them though) and all seems to work fine.

edit
    - One of the R4's was suddenly showing most of the games as missing so moved all the games back to the root directory, deleted the Games directory and all is well again. Have left the Music directory in place though. Removed the Games folder from the other R4 now, it's not necessary and actually makes navigating the R4 from the menu, more confusing.

edit- my R4 arrived, it's called 'R4 SDHC Upgrade Revolution', uses 1.09b firmware. Was worried about the 'Upgrade' in the name as that was not what was illustrated on the site i bought it from, however it works a treat, with all games i've tested with so far. The 4GB MicroSD card it came with was FAT32 formatted, no loading or other problems..The firmware can be found here ~ http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

And instead of the huge box that the R4 can arrive in, mine's in a tidgy cute little box like this ~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  19. mauigirl

mauigirl Member

hey Puggwash,

I know you probably get a million of these help requests. But you seem to be "the man" so I did send you a PM with my email addy, I hope you get chance to reply to me soon.

Probelem is: My "Loading..." screen hangs.

Anyway, I have:

- Nintendo DS Lite Console
    - R4 SDHC Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS)*purchased fr ndsarcade.com
    - 4GB microSDhc card *purchased fr ndsarcade.com

Tried v 1.26, v 1.25, v 1.24, v 1.22, v 1.21
    What else is there for me to do?
    Anyone else know else I can do?

Patiently waiting...*twiddling my thumbs;)*

20. mauigirl

mauigirl Member

Hey Creaky what firmware did you download that's working for you? I'm about ready to give up. Thanks in advance.