1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. mesman21

mesman21 Member

Ahhh, I didn't know that the first pass was just analyzing, and although I don't understand why complex algorithms would limit the ability to use 100% CPU, I will take your word for it.

BTW, anybody know anything about ffmpeg-mt? In ffdshow decoder config you can switch to that decoder in the H.264/AVC format. When I used it I got 100% CPU utilization in the analyze phase, greatly improving speed. It worked no problem for me, but are there hidden issues with this method?

EDIT: Actually this method only seems to work when resizing to 720p in ffdshow.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. twizotte

twizotte Member

I am getting alot of cannot encodes... such as this one on The Patriot..

Any ideas?

[17:20:55] BD Rebuilder v0.20.03 (beta)
    - Source: LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID
    - Input BD size: 42.24 GB
    - Approximate total content: [03:19:25.286]
    - Target BD size: 22.90 GB
    [17:20:59] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [17:20:59] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00077]
    - [17:21:00] Reencoding: VID_00077 (1 of 7)
    - Encode failed. Retrying.
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    [17:21:00] - Failed video encode, aborted

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  3. endlrls

endlrls Member

twizotte,
    maybe try a entire movie backup, vs the movie only option, some of the movies that I have encoding issues with, I "usually" can get to work that way, but not always. Worth a shot....

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I've ran across a couple of those as well, but I suspect that he has a setup problem that could include individual software setup such as that required of ffdshow or conflicting newer versions of a software.

5. endlrls

endlrls Member

Sophocles,
    Yeah, I just ran into an issue with Transporter 1 & Transporter 2. I managed to get the movie on to my HDD, but when I went to playback the MT2 file, there were foreign audio tracks (Spanish and German) as well as the Audio Commentary track. No English track to be found. I"m running Bd Rebuilder right now to see if it will shrink the file down as well as match up the proper audio track. I'll let you guys know for sure.
    I'm hoping for an update the Any Dvd Hd soon.... :D

endlrls

6. twizotte

twizotte Member

I just uninstalled everything, ffdshow, mat. splitter, avisynth, etc... reinstalled them all with standard settings save for FFdshow and the need to turn on mpeg2 encodes.

Same result.

Strike that...

The movie only setting allows me to start... we shal see the result.

7. twizotte

twizotte Member

I have been surprised the SlySoft does not incorporate compression into their program.. they seem at the top of their game otherwise.

8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Code:
    reinstalled them all with standard settings save for FFdshow and the need to turn on mpeg2 

Most of the time when I've seen that error it was because of an error in setup. If you read back on this thread you might see it listed. So far the setting below for ffdshow have worked with everything that I've tried.

[​IMG]

9. twizotte

twizotte Member

thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.. my settings appear to be fine.. ill check again..

but.. it starts to encode when I am on movie only.. we shall see the results.

10. twizotte

twizotte Member

[22:25:16] BD Rebuilder v0.20.02 (beta)
    - Source: INDIANA_JONES_4_D1
    - Input BD size: 39.55 GB
    - Approximate total content: [02:42:21.756]
    [22:25:18] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [22:25:18] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00004]
    - Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
    [22:25:18] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

I think i fixed the FFDSHOW settings that I missed, I updated the firmware on my unit.. and this is the new message I have.

going back through the thread and jdobb's guide.. gonna try to learn everything i can before trying again.
    I know noob questions can be a pain in the arse, i really appreciate the feedback as I learn the in's and out's of the process.

11. binmax

binmax Regular member

I have been racking my brain out with this setup. I have all of the below programs installed. I have gotten to point where AnyDVD has put the movie on my hard drive. I open up BD Rebuilder and click browse for the source path. The movie opens up with BDMV and Certificate. When I click on any of the folders inside BDMV I get an error stating "selected source is not BD format".

Either this list of instructions is not longer valid or I am missing something. I don't see how I can rip a BD movie to a hard drive and then have BD Rebuilder come back telling me I'm not using BD format.

If this step-by-step guide is no longer valid, does anyone have a new one that will work?

(1) After ripping with AnyDVD, and the movie is less than 25gb, do I have to still use BD Rebuilder, or can I burn the movie to a 25gb disc?

(2) Am I correct in saying that the only way to fit 25gb movie onto a dual layer DVD is to use BD Rebuilder?

Sorry for the noob questions but I have read through this thread numerous times and seem to be missing something.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Don't go looking inside the movie to check it with BD RB, just check the very top of the tree where the movie title is.

You probably won't have to compress it or compress it much if you are burning it to a single layer BD disc, but you will still have to remove foreign language sound tracks because a 25 GB BD media does not hold a perfect 25 Gb movie.

13. binmax

binmax Regular member

Okay. I got past the BD error and the movie loaded just fine with BDRebuilder. I was assuming that this would run for 12+ hours after I started the program, but it finished with this error below.

[​IMG]

1) All programs needed are installed
    2) Bluray was ripped with AnyDVD and successful in DVD mode and ISO mode.
    3) Tried to use BDRebuilder with error showing.
    4) Tried using Ripbot and it got to 32% and just sat there. (gun in mouth)

14. scpete26

scpete26 Member

Hey guys, I can't successfully burn a rebuiled movie to a dual layer disc. I trid using imgburn but I got an error. I tried nero burning rom and my computer can read the mt2s file but my ps3 can't read it. What could I have done wrong?

15. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

i keep getting this

[15:42:19] BD Rebuilder v0.20.02 (beta)
    - Source: TWILIGHT
    - Input BD size: 44.59 GB
    - Approximate total content: [03:53:53.894]
    [15:42:21] PHASE ONE, Encoding
    - [15:42:21] Extracting audio/subs [VID_00001]
    - [15:51:27] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 35)
    - Reached retry limit. Aborting.
    [15:51:35] - Failed video encode, aborted

16. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

n/m I just needed to update my haali matroska splitter

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Imgburn will do it but you should first turn it into and ISO. Usually Imgburn will set it to the proper settings for burning, but sometimes you have to set it yourself. To set it open Imgburn, then at the top choose mode>>build>>options from the right tool bar then set it to UDF 250. As a rule however once Imgburn detects that you are making a BD type disc, it will give the choice to set it automatically.

Setup is almost always the major cause.

18. tomdreiss

tomdreiss Member

I'm just starting to get into the Blu-Ray backing up. I've tried following the seemingly over simple set-up instructions but am stuck at the splitter setup. It says to install the Matroska Splitter but when I download it it does not have an install routine. It contains a couple matroskasplitter.ax files and no instructions where to place them. Did I download the wrong files?

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Similar to what we do with the DVD Rebuilder thread, have amended the thread title to include the latest version of BD RB, hopefully Sophocles can keep the title updated with any future versions.

0.20.04 Beta was released 29 Mar 2009 btw, just happened to check the "BD Rebuilder Beta - Bug Reports Only" link from Soph's first post in this thread.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Use this link to download the correct version of Matroska Splitter.

http://mirror01.x264.nl/x264/MatroskaSplitter.exe

I'll try but sometimes I don't even have the latest version so amend it when ever you see it needed.:p