1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BD RB Beta released! - now at version 0.37.08 (April 23rd, 2011)

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Dec 26, 2008.

1. tomdreiss

tomdreiss Member

Thanks a bunch Sophocles!

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

You're welcome.

There's a BD RB update as of 03/31/09 in the first post

3. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

I'm Using BD-RBV02003, Imgburn and Haali Media Splitterk
    and the other two programs suggested! But It not working! The burn is successful but nothing plays in the disk is recognized by my PS3 then sits at a black screen. And BTW 25 GB mode is only 8GBs!

4. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

n/m about the 8gb part

5. binmax

binmax Regular member

Wow !! I just spent 57 hours using BD-Rebuilder to encode one whole movie (Twilight). For some reason I was under the impression that this would only take 10-20 hours. The CPU doing the work is a AMD64DualCore 2.3ghz. I understand that dual cores might take slightly longer than a quad core, but this is not even worth it.

I did "Batman Begins" in 5 hours flat with the same CPU in TSMuxer. So why does TSMuxer do the job so quick, but BD-RB takes weeks?

6. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

DVD Rebuilder is an encoder

check and make sure you're ODDs are in DMA mode NOT PIO mode

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  7. wakko709

wakko709 Regular member

now the Movie is about 2/3 over and the picture freezes but the audio continues any idea?

8. mesman21

mesman21 Member

That has happened several times to me in the past. In my case it was caused by a error when ripping the original blu-ray to my HDD. If you go back and watch the original you should see a slight pause right where the frame freezes.

Clean your disc off, re-rip it to you HDD, and then check to see if the pause is there again in the new one. If not, you are free to go.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

There are a lot of factors that could have resulted in it taking your system 57 hours to complete. In fact that is longest reencode I've ever heard of. As already mentioned you might want to check your DMA settings. It's helpful if the source folder and the working folder are on different hard drives. You stated that you had a dual core AMD processors but you didn't mention what series of AMD processors. I'm averaging between 4 and 5 hours. As you can see I did Eagle Eye in less than 4 hours. It's all about the processor's number of cores, core architecture, and clock speed. This was done on an Intel Q9550@3.71 GHz. BD RB isn't for everyone, but it is for those who don't want to have to figure out more complicated methods. Most people just want to load the move, hit backup, and then return to burn it when it's done

10. binmax

binmax Regular member

My AMD is the Athlon Brisbane AM24400 2.30ghz. I ordered a 940 phenom quad core Monday which will replace my dual core tomorrow. I am hoping the quad chip will make things run smoother.

This is the first time I have heard someone say that you should encode your BD to a different drive then the original. I first tried doing this with an external drive and it was going slow, so I assumed that USB2.0 was the reason. Do you encode everything internally? My DMA settings are fine for all of my drives. I am pretty sure that all drives are defaulted to the DMA setting aren't they?

I will try doing what you said about putting them on different drives and see what happens. What encode rate does your quad chip encode at? I was watching my dual chip encode at 0.2X.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The only external drives that will help are those that are connected by eSATA. Those connected by USB will slow things down. Both of my drivers are internal. The Quad will speed things up. Especially if you went with the AMD X2 processors.

12. twizotte

twizotte Member

Hey guys, I have this process rolling pretty good. But, what is the typical time I should experience for a movie only, recode? I have a,

intel quad core: Oc'd to 3.0
    8 gig ram.
    vista64.

I am running approximately 18 hours, maybe a bit less for ones going from 44-45 gig to the BD-25 size.

If this is long, any tips on shortening it?

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

twizotte

Hey! Welcome aboard.

With an Intel quad I would expect you to average under 7 hours. I think you might want to check your setup to see if you are getting the most out of your system. I'm not compressing movies to a 25 gig BD because single and dual layer copes are quite good and a whole lot less to purchase.

The physical size of a movie isn't what affects encode speeds. It's the number of frames in a movie as per your intended outcome (disc size) that affects it the most.

14. twizotte

twizotte Member

Thanks for the welcome!

What kinds of setup? In BD-Rebuilder? So far, I have been getting identical copies on the BD-25 disk of the original BR.

I'd simply like to get under 10 hours.. could keep things rolling better.

15. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Here are some things that you can do. Remember that the vast majority of the work is done by your processor. This means that the more powerful your processor the faster the outcome. There are also a few things that can help to reduce bottlenecks.

1) Use two internal hard drives that have good performance, and use one for the "source path" and one for the "working path."

2) make certain that your hard drives are less than half full and are not fragmented, and that they are set to DMA and not PIO.

3)Insure that no other applications are running in the background while reencoding.

16. endlrls

endlrls Member

Sophocles,
    I was trying to shrink "You don't mess with the Zohan" down to a DVD 9, but the audio became terribly out of sync towards the end of the movie. Any Suggestions? I encoded it on a Q6600/3.0ghz rig. Could my rip have been bad from the original? Thanks in Advance, bud...
    endlrls

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Your system and rip are unlikely to affect audio sync, that's usually a muxing issue. Try a different movie and see if it too is out of sync.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  18. endlrls

endlrls Member

Cool man, I will give it a try....I updated my version of BD rebuilder as well from 20.03 to 20.05. Will be back with a update

19. jointer

jointer Member

When trying to back up Underworld movie only mode to BD 9 BD RB 205 would not list the main feature. It showed only the extras. I had to break out the movie with ClownBD then back up to BD 9 with BD RB. First issue with BD RB after backing up some 30 movies. I know not many.

20. Chiamos

Chiamos Member

Hats off to the creator for the fabulous BD RB Ver.0.20.5, as just completed a 7.72 GB BD-9 on the very first run of a 24.7 GB Movie-Only Mode that took exactly 6 Hours for the completion, as it plays flawless and looks fantastic out from an HTPC Q6700 Quad Core, 4GB 6400 RAM, NV 8600GT via HMDI connected to a 32" 1080P LCD and an AVR 5.1 DD/DTS. Had the tools already installed, so after a quick install and run of BD RB, then it was just easy to setup, then add the source, and a few simple options, and just click "Backup". A DTS 5.1 Audio File was extracted at Phase One into working folder, and just before Phase 2 began, aften created another Audio File AC3 DD 5.1, which was placed inside the final working .M2TS movie, but the DTS 5.1 file was not used, so could have the DTS file been used somehow? Anyway, this Program certainly is the easiest way to go to get sheer quality for BD Backups, and best of all, it all burned directly to.....one DVD Media Disk!

Continued success. : )

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009