1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 3 types of Projector explained: LCD, DLP, CRT

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Oriphus, Mar 1, 2004.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i very doubt you going to find one less expensive than that anyway .call the dealer you got it from

2. aaespino

aaespino Member

I bought it off ebay.

3. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

@aaespino

I used to own a BenQ6100 (Upgraded this year :) ) and it is true that the lamps cost around $400 Canadian. The lamp unit is all in one, and is basically just the bulb. I noticed a previous poster said you could just replace the bulb. The bulb is the entire lamp unit.

Anyways you can find them for cheaper. I bought a replacement bulb for mine for about $250 shipped. I forget the site (Sry) but i had to pre order it, and it took about 6 months for them to get stock. And also note, the 3000 hours is for economy mode, every other mode the lamp life is 2000 hours. I wouldnt worry though. I left mine on many times, and even after a year i wa only at 1000+ hours.

4. gus738

gus738 Guest

lol that sucks for you oweners that have that type of technology where bulbs require chaning... i would recommend getting from costco store or its website a 46'' kdl-46v2500 v25L1 both same thing

5. gus738

gus738 Guest

lol that sucks for you oweners that have that type of technology where bulbs require chaning... i would recommend getting from costco store or its website a 46'' kdl-46v2500 v25L1 both same thing

6. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

Meh, im not touching Plasma. And the bulb issue isnt really a big deal. For the price i paid for a 103 inch wide screen setup, changing a bulb every 2.5 years in peanuts.

7. gus738

gus738 Guest

well crt tubes are the best in terms of quality and costco has a lifetime return cash .... long story short you get bored of your 3g tv in 4 years you get your cash back

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

as long as there still in business(Costco) that is

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

lol which their will be as they are growing more and more

10. chicken85

chicken85 Member

The three different techs are still confusing me, especially comparing DLP vs LCoS/HD-ILA

For the lower priced sets, such as the two following, have the main negatives of each tech. been addressed, or is that only in the high priced sets?

JVC 52" 720p HD-ILA Widescreen: HD52G887
    Samsung HL-S4666W 46" DLP HDTV

*edit: and just to make it more difficult, what does the Hitachi UltraVision 50" LCD Projection HDTV (50VS69A) stack up with the HD-ILA and DLP technologies?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  11. rileygg

rileygg Guest

12. jordan98

jordan98 Member

"Thanks for uploading this, it gave me something to read on my lunch break."
    "Interesting, this is cool, nearly made my day. :)"

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  13. diabolos

diabolos Guest

@ chicken85,

What negatives are you speaking of? There are 4 types of projection (front or rear) technologies. They are CRT, LCD, DLP, and LCoS (A.K.A. Sony's SXRD and JVC's D-ila/HD-ila).

There are a couple of different sub types as well:

DLP and LCoS can have one to three chips (main mirrors). The one chip designs of both incorporate a color wheel. The three chip designs do not. Samsung has also done away with the back lighting system (the Lamp) and replaced it with a long lasting 3-LED based light source, on some of their models. The 3-LED models don't have color wheels either.

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2007
  14. HanaJ

HanaJ Member

I’m not sure if this is a right thread for my question, but since you guys helped me out many times I’ll take my chances.
    I’ve got hp VP6110 Projector (DLP technology?) which I use with compaq nx7010 notebook mainly for Power Point presentations. Everything goes smoothly until it comes to mpeg movie files inserted into the presentations. While the file keeps on running normally on the computer, there is a blank space on the wall. Is some codec missing or is it something even simpler? Just don’t tell me I am stupid and I should change my hair colour in blond, cause I know that.