1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD43 not working

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by donb1, Mar 12, 2004.

1. donb1

donb1 Member

I installed DVD43 on my system and it doesnt seem to be working. During bootup when the main desktop is showing I do get a rectanglur box with DVD for Free
    at the top of it with a yellow smily face and real fast i think it checks for my dvd drives but anyway it goes away after a few seconds but I never get a smily face in my tray.

I can go to start ,programs , dvd43 folder and see the program there with a green smily face but if I click on it the system hangs up and I have a busy icon forever until I kill the operation using ctrl,alt,delete.

I am running WinXP Pro
    512m ram
    1.8g P4
    80g hd
    HP300 witer
    Samung combo cd writer and dvd player

Thanks ahead of time for any help

Don

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I installed it also and could not figure out how to get it to work, I was trying to rip a troublesome DVD and I was haveing problems with Smartripper and I could get DVD43 to detect there was a disk in the drive but that was it, there are no settings or options to get it work..I ended up deleteing it and installing DVD Decryptor which worked fine and is a better ripper anyways and Free....Good Luck

3. searcher1

searcher1 Member

Try Disableing your anti virus software, do you have a dvd in your drive when you boot up? if not you won't get the green smiley face.
    DVD shrink is a great program and it's FREE. dvd43 works well with this program.

4. blank812

blank812 Guest

Howdy Don,
    Your post does not mention that you have the pattin coffin software installed...

My dvd43 works fine with Norton AV/Internet Security software..., but you need that pattin coffin software running first...

Message me if you have any questions...

5. donb1

donb1 Member

Well I have the problem corrected. What was causing it was my Norton anti-virus software running at bootup. When I disabled that then DVD43 launched just fine.

Don

6. Anti_war

Anti_war Guest

Please help me to figure out my problem. I have installed DVD43 and Patin-couffin. It was working well. However, while the DVD is in the burning proccess, my computer was shut down automatically. I tried to disable all anti-virus/firewall tools, but I still have the same problem. I have tried it until I got exhausted and it didn't work.

I really appreciate your help.

Sorida

7. MidGeT08

MidGeT08 Member

Can you give me the link to Patin-Couffin? When I click the link, I am led to a site, where I can't find the link to download it. Tnx in advance.

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Here you go ---

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

scroll about midway.. after you see DVD43 setup...you'll get what you lookin for !

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2004
  9. SWILLIS61

SWILLIS61 Guest

iam missing my patin-couffin file can you tell me how i can install it let me know how

10. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Greetings~~

If you go there :http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/

you will find a page that spells out exactely how to setup the DVD43 and the Patin Couffin thingies. --

Scroll down about midway.. the Patin Couffin link to download is there in bold letter ( that's called a hyperlink) -download Patin Couffin driver v19 patin-couffin_setup.exe [806KB]- click it and get it on your desktop.

Click on it again once it's on your desktop -- and that's it.. it will install !

Read on the instructions there -- they will explain things.

Take Care.

[​IMG][/small]

11. BigErn

BigErn Member

Sorry to be a broken record as far as asking for help with DVD43. However, I've gone through 10 blank dvd's and I'm becomming a little frustrated. Perhaps someone can shed some light on how to fix my problem.

For starters, I have installed dvd43 and poutin-couffin to work with dvd Xtreme and I've turned off my Norton antivirus and security when I run this. The program seems to run properly reading but it doesn't write and after letting the blank dvd spin for a while, I get the error message with the smiley face in sunglasses, saying "No DVD reader found. DVD43 works only on system that have at least one DVD."

I am using a Toshiba laptop with the following items on it:

P4 processor (2.4 GHz)
    60GB hard drive
    512 MB RAM
    and built in DVD-R/RW

I keep my laptop plugged in and I've even used the cd burner to confirm that it is operational by burning some data files. I've selected the "select drive" but since I only have one, it doesn't do anything. I get the green smiley face through the whole process of reading but the minute I remove the dvd and put in a blank, the face turns yellow and says something like 0/1 dvd free.

I would be grateful for any assistance on this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

BigErn

12. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

-- What software are you using to burn your DVD ??
    -- DVD43 and the Patin Couffin drivers do not burn DVD , they are specialized tools that sit in the background and look after making sure DVD Extreme can do is magic ((Smiles - eeeeps ripping )).

I would suggest you start using DVD Shrink and Nero to burn .

DVD Shrink is a ripper ,is available as Freeware , has all you need to manipulate any DVD and links up to Nero for burning if you do choose to do so (Go to I/O tab and put a tick ahead of ENABLE burning with Nero.)

I personally had DVD Extreme and got a FULL refund from 321 Studios. (( Says it all, dont it ! ))

Take Care.

[​IMG][/small]

13. BigErn

BigErn Member

Hi Jeanc1,

I was using the dvd xtreme dvd xcopy. Thanks for the info on the other programs. I am probably going to go with your suggestion.

BigErn

14. talpababy

talpababy Member

I installed DVD43 on my system and it doesnt seem to be working. I've also installed the Patin-Couffin. I also disabled my McAfee antifirewall protection. I'm using DVDXCOPY. When i start the x copy the eyes of the smiley face turn red. and i get this error message "access violation at address 0046fd03", and the XCOPY pgorgram freezes. Can someone help me please?
    Thank You

15. xbadboy2

xbadboy2 Regular member

You do not need to download the pattin coffin. DVD43 will use the pattin coffin in xcopy platinum 4.0.4.15 and there goes the need not to download it if your not using xcopy then you do. DVD43 on the start up of my computer 5 OUT OF 10 DVD43 will not show all I do is REBOOT it. When it dose not load for me I can see something trying to load at the same time as DVD43 its fighting to load. So if you see it trying to load up at the same time as another program turn the other one off start/run/ type in msconfig and turn it off in the start up.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. If you don't ask you will never know.[/small]

Last edited: May 13, 2004
  16. guayo23

guayo23 Member

Guys sorry to get in the way, but I just installed the dvd43 and tried to copy a movie, but when I inset the dvd the devil face comes up and then the green says that the dvd could not be completely decrypted. I tried another dvd and it's copying it right now and working fine so far. A little help.

17. searcher1

searcher1 Member

guayo23
    there is a new version of DVD43-2.0.0.71.
    Try this one.

18. rodney63

rodney63 Guest

can any1 get me started on dvd burning i have ICPOYDVDS2 software and i cant get it to work? thanks

19. searcher1

searcher1 Member

rodney63
    Never heard of that program,Who makes it?

20. rodney63

rodney63 Guest

me too software llc is all the info i have bought it at frys box only has I COPYDVDS2tm