1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dreambox dm500c not working

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by booboo216, May 7, 2009.

1. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Hi,
    a family member has had the dm500 workin for a while, last week he went to reboot it and the screen on the tv just went blue, the green light on the front of the box is permenantly on and the box does not respond, i have tried flashin with null modem cable and dreamup, i get the message on dreamup sayin box flashed succesfully but when i connect eveything back up i still get the same thing, nothing on the tv, and green light permanantly on front of dreambox and box not responding,i am very grateful of any help please, many thanks in advance.

2. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

can someone help me please.

3. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

4. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Hi thanks for the reply, i have been reading the above thread now for several hours, i have flashed the box several times with cgscott image everything goes fine when using dreamup but when i connect the box back to the cable and tv i get no response from the box and the green light on the front of the box is still permenently on, any suggestions would be gratefully recieved, many thanks in advance.

5. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

press ok on remote and then do scan press info for a few seconds to start the emu

6. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Hi, thanks for the reply i have nothing on the tv but a blank screen the box does not respond to the remote nor to the stand by button, the green light just stays on and nothing else works, please please can someone dig deep and thinks this out please, thanks again in advance.

7. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Hi just done a fresh flash on the box, still got a blank screen but now i have a green and a red button permanantly on the front of the box box will still not respond, please help point in right direction, trying everything i have read on this forum but still to no avail, thanks in advance

8. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

what img are you useing

9. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Hi hadmad i have used cgscott imd, and DW_v2.

10. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

I assume you have checked the simple things first,..faulty scart cables can cause all sorts of problems,..is the correct input selected on the TV,..if your sure you flashed the image correctly then you should look at the cabling & the dreambox it's self, I had a similar problem a while back, if it's a genuine dreambox then it should have a push in tuner, this tuner as a row of pins on the bottom which slot into the main board this caused my unit to display problems as you described.(note) clone boxes have soldered in tuners so the above does not apply..

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  11. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Thanks for the reply lenny, i will check all them things now, i will reflash again and i will let you know the results, thanks again for the advice.

12. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Hi the tuner is soldered in with a row of pins down one side, i have just gone to flash the box again on dreamup, i get to swith on the dreambox on dream up but when i do dreamup does not reconise the the power has been swithed on, i still just have the green light on the front of the box, does this mean that the box is now goosed, thanks in advance for any help.

13. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Do you think it is worth getting a crossover cable and trying flashwizard pro

14. hadmad

hadmad Regular member

were are you baesed. and is the name of the img backup new

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  15. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

you can't use the cross over cable option with dreamup or FWP because you need to change IP settings on the dreambox first & as you stated you
    can't get a picture on the TV,...you'll have to keep trying the null modem cable option

16. lenny123

lenny123 Regular member

17. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

Hi hadmad,
    Thanks for the reply, i am based in preston area, lancashire, and the img is (backup new 17.12.08.img) i have flashed with this several times now but i still just get a blank screen on the tv, even though everything goes as it should do on dreamup, and i get the box saying box flashed succesfully, only now when i try to flash i get the message on dreamup to power up the dreambox but when i do it does nothing at all, its as if there is nothing comin down the null modem cable any more, the cable is a brand new one i bought this week, the only life i seem to have from the box is the green light on the front of the box, last night i had a green and red light on the box untill i powered down, then when i powered up the DB again back to just a green light but will not let me flash it again, thats why i think the box is buggered, i have read alot and learned alot from u guys this week and i have gone over and over the instructions before i attempted anything but all to no avail. thanks for the reply hadmad.

18. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

19. qazsam

qazsam Member

this might help as it worked 4 me on eurovox and digivox
    iwas told 2 try an av lead and manualy tune a tv channel in
    once its tuned in u can do a reset and the scart will work
    i dont know much about dreambox but its worth a shot

20. booboo216

booboo216 Guest

I will try, thanks for the reply.