1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I open World Map in Oblivion ?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Distrance, May 14, 2009.

1. Distrance

Distrance Regular member

Probably stupid question but yeah.. It's ticking me off cause I can't see where to go.. I mean, the target in my compass could be hours away and I wont know if if I cant see full map.

When I push tab, and then click on the compass, I got quests there etc. I can also see small map, but there's no way to zoom out of the map or anything to view more... Surely there must be full map in game ? :<

2. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

If you mean you're already looking at this;

[​IMG]

Then that's the furthest out you can zoom... If you have the boxed version it should come with a large world map and you can compare locations in game using that if you wanted, but other than that, you'll just have to drag the map around with your mouse until the destination appears on screen to gauge how far away it is.

I've no idea if you already know this, but if you've been to a place before, if you click the icon for it you can fast-travel there (teleport) to make your journey times much smaller.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  3. Distrance

Distrance Regular member

Yeah I know that map. But like I said, it's way too small. The world is massive, and if I'm travelling to somewhere, I can't really tell how far it is if I can't zoom out :<.

There are useful world maps on internet but Oblivion likes to freeze when I alt+tab <_<.

Oh well, if there's no bigger map then there's nothing I can do. Thanks though :<.

4. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

I have to admit I've never thought about that before, but an overview of the whole map would be quite handy - It's possible that there's a mod for it enabling you to do that, but don't hold your hopes up.