AfterDawn: Tech news

LG begins shipping new BD390 Blu-ray player

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 19 May 2009 3:18 User comments (5)

LG begins shipping new BD390 Blu-ray player LG has begun shipping its high end BD390 Blu-ray player this week, with a price tag of $400 USD.
The player is the first of its kind to playback DivX videos at full 1080p, whether it is burned to a DVD or being played from a flash drive.

Other nice specs the player has is Wi-Fi, 1GB internal storage and Blu-ray BD-Live compatibility. The BD390 also has built-in Netflix and YouTube video streaming features.

The player supports 7.1-channel Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio surround, and includes native 24 fps video without pulldown conversion.

Previous Next  

5 user comments

119.5.2009 17:00
atomicxl
Inactive

Anytime I see a Blu-ray player selling for $400 or more, my mind always says, "So basically it's offering less movie features than a PS3 AND it can't play any games at all... and it cost more... ummm..."

219.5.2009 23:06

So true, I got the ps3 and it does all this plus games, online, etc. I am happy with all the extras not on the basic blu ray player.

320.5.2009 21:15

i really wouldn't mind a separated market, when people think Ps3 they think Media player, or blue-ray player when in fact its priority as a game machine was slandered. granted i do not see why they still charge 200+ for top of the line models. niche market i suppose.

421.5.2009 01:19

This does do one thing the PS3 will not: Play Netflix movies. The PS3 is still a much better media center than this thing.

521.5.2009 14:02

That's why I got the previous model at a nice price when Circuit City was going out of business.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive